Department of Organization
The Department of Organization is part of the Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies (OMS), which is one of three doctoral schools at CBS.
The aim of the Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies (OMS) is to create an active national and international research environment at CBS for PhD students, who deal with organization and management in private, public and voluntary organizations in a theoretical and empirical manner. The theoretical basis is interdisciplinary and builds on sociology, social psychology, political science, political economy, philosophy, communication, history, ethnography and cultural studies of organizational and management practice.
The doctoral school attaches great importance to:
- ensuring a relevant portfolio of courses in organization and management research as well as giving the PhD fellows access to an education in a wide range of social science areas
- ensuring a high academic level of the PhD programmes through continuous quality assurance and improvement
- making it professionally and financially possible for the PhD fellows to present their projects at international conferences, in international journals and that they be given the opportunity to go abroad for a period of time
- attracting international researchers of the highest quality to the doctoral school's courses, seminars, counselling and PhD dissertation evaluation
- establishing institutionalised collaborative agreements with international researchers and research environments
"The doctoral school challenges and develops the PhD programmes through critique and recognition, requirements and offers. In specific terms, it is achieved by means of courses, seminars and support for conferences and long-term periods abroad. The doctoral school thereby provides the framework needed for us as PhD fellows to be part of the all-important social and professional communities." Anja Svejgaard Pors
Management and organization of the doctoral school
The Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies is linked with active academic environments at the Department of Organization, the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, the Department of Intercultural Communication and Management and the Department of Business and Politics.
Morten Thanning Vendelø
Tlf.: 3815 2990
Tlf.: 3815 3649
Tlf. 3815 5701
Tlf. 3815 3558
Katja Høeg Tingleff
Tlf. 3815 2839