Centre for Organizational Time (COT)
COT at conferences
Tor Hernes: Sub-theme 01: Organization & Time: Organizing in the Nexus between Short and Distant Futures, convenor.
Iben Stjerne: Sub-theme 66: Temporality and Project-based Organizing, convenor.
Silviya Svejenova: Sub-theme 43: Cities as Sites and Drivers of Organizational Action, convenor.
Mie Plotnikof will be chairing track 14 at the conference.
Iben Stjerne: Abstract submitted for the general track: Buch, A. & Stjerne, I. Culture in organizational practices.
Majken Schultz: Speaker and moderator.
Majken Schultz: All activities referring to Centre agenda and Carlsberg research
- Speaker junior faculty consortium: temporality research
- Speaker workshop: Engaging and engaged research
- Organizer symposium: How Do Organizations Translate Temporal Extremities into Business Horizons?
- Panelist: The intersection on identity and memory
- Panelist: The dark side of authenticity
- Speaker: CBS alumni event: Strategy and identity (Carlsberg case)
- Majken Schultz: Invited sub-plenary participant on rediscovering memory for the future: Semper Ardens case.
- Tor Hernes: Track Chair
- Schultz, M. & Hernes, T: Joint paper presentation on framework for temporality in organizations.
-Silviya Svejenova: Sub-theme 34: Organized Creativity: Harnessing Serendipity and Surprise.
Majken Schultz: Invited panelist on temporality research.
Silviya Svejenova: Gave a public lecture together with Jesper Strandgaard and Haldor Byrkjeflot: Manifesto, Model or Movement? (Tem)plating (New) Nordic Food for Broader Impact.
Link to the symposium
Iben Stjerne: Poster presentation at Characterizing the gap between Strategy and Implementation. Getting the timing right: Four dilemmas of timing strategy implementations.
Iben Stjerne and Silviya Svejenova had a paper on “Narrative commitment through temporariness and temporality: Growing a global chefs’ movement for a better food future”. Workshop about Stability and change in cultural and creative industries.
- EGOS Colloquium in Tallinn, Estonia, held on July 4-7, 2018: "The surprising lack of change in continuity"
- Process Organization Studies Symposium in Porto Carras, Greece, held on June 20-23, 2018: "The becoming of time".
- Creativity & Fields Conference, TU Berlin, June 28-29: "The Temporality of Creativity: Organizing for Novelty in Time"
EM LYON, November 2018:
Majken Schultz invited speaker on strategy and identity interplay. November.
Université Paris-Dauphine November 2018:
Tor Hernes speaker & teaching research master class,
- Svejenova,s. The Changing C-Suite: Executive Power Structures in Transformation, Keynote at Dinner event fortop executives, Center for Leadership (CfL), Copenhagen, April 18 2018.
- Svejenova, S. (Keynote at Executive Brunch for HR specialists, Center for Leadership (CfL), Copenhagen, April 18 2018.