Centre for Organizational Time (COT)
COT at conferences
EGOS Colloquium in Edinburgh July 4-6, 2019
Tor Hernes: Sub-theme 01: Organization & Time: Organizing in the Nexus between Short and Distant Futures, convenor.
Iben Stjerne: Sub-theme 66: Temporality and Project-based Organizing, convenor.
Silviya Svejenova: Sub-theme 43: Cities as Sites and Drivers of Organizational Action, convenor.
International Critical Management Studies Conference, Open University, Milton Keynes, UK in June 2019
Mie Plotnikof will be chairing track 14 at the conference.
PROS Conference 2019
Iben Stjerne: Abstract submitted for the general track: Buch, A. & Stjerne, I. Culture in organizational practices.
The Global Board Leadership Summit, Singapore January 9-10, 2019
Majken Schultz: Speaker and moderator.
KEYNOTES AT CONFERENCES
Tor Hernes: - EGOS Colloquium in Tallinn, Estonia, held on July 4-7, 2018: "The surprising lack of change in continuity"
- Process Organization Studies Symposium in Porto Carras, Greece, held on June 20-23, 2018: "The becoming of time".
Silviya Svejenova: Creativity & Fields Conference, TU Berlin, June 28-29: "The Temporality of Creativity: Organizing for Novelty in Time"
Academy of Management (AOM), Chicago, 2018
Majken Schultz: All activities referring to Centre agenda and Carlsberg research
- Speaker junior faculty consortium: temporality research
- Speaker workshop: Engaging and engaged research
- Organizer symposium: How Do Organizations Translate Temporal Extremities into Business Horizons?
- Panelist: The intersection on identity and memory
- Panelist: The dark side of authenticity
- Speaker: CBS alumni event: Strategy and identity (Carlsberg case)
EGOS Colloquium in Tallinn, Estonia, held on July 4-7, 2018
- Majken Schultz: Invited sub-plenary participant on rediscovering memory for the future: Semper Ardens case.
- Tor Hernes: Track Chair
- Schultz, M. & Hernes, T: Joint paper presentation on framework for temporality in organizations.
-Silviya Svejenova: Sub-theme 34: Organized Creativity: Harnessing Serendipity and Surprise.
PROS Conference, 2018
Majken Schultz: Invited panelist on temporality research.
SCANCOR Symposium on Institutional Analysis at CBS, Copenhagen, September 4th 2018
Silviya Svejenova: Gave a public lecture together with Jesper Strandgaard and Haldor Byrkjeflot: Manifesto, Model or Movement? (Tem)plating (New) Nordic Food for Broader Impact.
SMD Symposium, 2018
Iben Stjerne: Poster presentation at Characterizing the gap between Strategy and Implementation. Getting the timing right: Four dilemmas of timing strategy implementations.
Temporary Organizing and Temporality, LUCCA, Italy - October 2018
Iben Stjerne and Silviya Svejenova had a paper on “Narrative commitment through temporariness and temporality: Growing a global chefs’ movement for a better food future”. Workshop about Stability and change in cultural and creative industries.
Invited Key-note Speakers:
- EM LYON, November 2018: Majken Schultz invited speaker on strategy and identity interplay. November.
- Université Paris-Dauphine November 2018: Tor Hernes speaker & teaching research master class,
- Svejenova,s. The Changing C-Suite: Executive Power Structures in Transformation, Keynote at Dinner event fortop executives, Center for Leadership (CfL), Copenhagen, April 18 2018.
- Svejenova, S. (Keynote at Executive Brunch for HR specialists, Center for Leadership (CfL), Copenhagen, April 18 2018.