Department of Operations Management
Muhammad is an Assistant Professor in Managerial Economics and Management Accounting. He joined Copenhagen Business School in October 2020 having previously been a lecturer in Accounting, Sustainability and Refugee Entrepreneurship in the Department of Accounting at Aston University, UK.
Before that he worked in investment banking, auditing and accounting firms in the UK and Syria.
Muhammad is currently leading the ‘RWAD’ project, which is primarily designed to supply the disadvantaged Entrepreneurs with financial and analytical skills.
Muhammad’s current research focuses on (1) Social and Environmental Accounting, (2) Circular Economy and (3) Refugee Entrepreneurship as a part of my research vision of contributing to a body of knowledge of alternative accounting as an educational and informative mechanism that explores social justice, human rights and refugees’ crisis.
- Mr Muhammad Mahmoud, Globalisation and Localisation of CSR Reporting at Oil and Gas Industry in Egypt. Expected submission date 30th April 2021.
- Mrs Flavia Rodricks, Sustainability and Environmental Reporting Assurance and Adopting Materiality, Completeness and Responsiveness to increase the credibility of SERA. Expected submission date 30th September 2022.
- Al-Mahameed, M. & Riaz, U. (2019). How to Embed Corporate Social Responsibility in Teaching. In K. Daniels, C. Elliott, C. Chapman & S. Finley, Learning and Teaching in Higher Education Perspectives from a Business School, Cheltenham: Edward Elgar [Lead Author].
- Al-Mahameed, M., Belal, A., Lowe, A. & Gebreiter, F. “Social accounting in the context of profound political, social and economic upheaval: The case of the Arab Spring”. Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Special issue [ABS 3*]. September 2019, [Lead Author] (forthcoming).
In: Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, 16.2.2023
In: Financial Accountability & Management, 21.2.2023
In: Journal of Financial Reporting and Accounting, 2.2.2023
In: Accounting Research Journal, Vol. 35, No. 3, 2022, p. 427-445
In: Accounting Forum, 10.4.2022
In: Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Vol. 34, No. 5, 2021, p. 1080-1108
In: Learning and Teaching in Higher Education: Perspectives from a Business School. . ed. /Kathy Daniels; Caroline Elliott; Simon Finley; Colin Chapman. Cheltenham : Edward Elgar Publishing 2019, p. 249-259
: Aston University 2018, 243 p.
In: Breaking Boundaries: (Counter) Accounts During the Pandemic - Letters for Future Generations. . ed. /Diane-Laure Arjaliès; Yves Gendron; Cheryl Lehman; Paula Andrea Navarro Pérez; João Paulo Resende de Lima; Silvia Pereira de Castro Casa Nova; Greg Stoner; Mary Analí Vera-Colina. London, ON : University of Western Ontario 2021, p. 113-120
- Corporate Social Accounting
- Reporting Environmental Risk Management
- NGO Accountability
- Accounting for Refugee Entrepreneurship