Department of Marketing
Dr. Seidi Suurmets is a Post-doctoral Researcher at the Department of Marketing and an active member of the Decision Neuroscience Research Cluster. She obtained her Ph.D. in Consumer Neuroscience from Copenhagen Business School (CBS), with her dissertation focusing on how contextual effects of the study environment impact consumer information processing and decision making.
By including insights and perspectives from the fields of neuroscience and psychology, Seidi’s research aims to improve the understanding of how consumers respond to various marketing-related stimuli, ranging from product packages and advertisements to digital media platforms. Methodologically, she combines traditional approaches of consumer research with eye-tracking, electrodermal activity (EDA) and electroencephalography (EEG).
Seidi is teaching several courses related to Consumer Neuroscience and Marketing, and is supervising Master’s theses in a variety of topics, including consumer behavior, branding, advertising, digital marketing, and behavioral economics.
- Consumer visual attention and decision process
- Consumer embodied cognition and non-conscious processes
- The role of contextual cues in consumer behavior
- Application of eye-tracking and biometric sensors (EDA, EEG) in marketing research
- Neuroscience of Branding. MSc. in Brand and Communications Management, CBS (Autumn 2019 – present)
- Neuromarketing. MSc. Elective course, CBS (Autumn 2019 – present)
- Neuro-Research Design. MSc. Elective course, CBS (Autumn 2016 – present)
- Arts and Culture Marketing. BSc. Service management, CBS (Spring 2020 – present)
In: Frontiers in Neuroscience, Vol. 15, 8.11.2021
Paper presented at 2020 ACR Virtual Conference, 2020
In: Proceedings of the Association for Consumer Research 2020. ed. /Jennifer Argo; Tina M. Lowrey; Hope Jensen Schau. Duluth, MN : Association for Consumer Research 2020, 2 p., p. 1075-1076 (Advances in Consumer Research, Vol. 48)
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2019, 154 p. (Ph.d. Serie, No. 27.2019)
In: Scandinavian Conference on Image Analysis: 20th Scandinavian Conference, SCIA 2017 Tromsø, Norway, June 12–14, 2017 Proceedings, Part I . . ed. /Puneet Sharma; Filippo Maria Bianchi. Cham : Springer 2017, p. 66-76 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 10269)
Abstract from 10th FENS Forum of Neuroscience 2016, 2016
Poster session presented at 10th FENS Forum of Neuroscience 2016, 2016, 1 p.
In: 2015 NeuroPsychoEconomics Conference Proceedings. ed. /Martin Reimann; Thomas Zoëga Ramsøy; Oliver Schilke. Washington, DC : Association for NeuroPsychoEconomics 2015, 1 p., p. 47 (NeuroPsychoEconomics Conference Proceedings, Vol. 2015)