Department of Management, Society and Communication
- I combine algorithms and data tools and apply them to social science survey data in order to discover meaningful segments of people and to predict their preferences as tourist to a destination, like Denmark. This work is supported by the prestigious InnovationFund Project UMAMI (http://sf.cbs.dk/umami).
- I collect global data on human values, like the World Values Survey and the European Social Science Survey and segment people based on their responses to questions on human values.
- I provided research-based consultancy work on measuring and forecasting the effect of increased variability, for example in a power system with a large share of highly-variable renewable energy, as part of a project contract with SANEDI (www.sanedi.org.za).
- I analyzed measurement data from sensors and the calculation of relevant statistics, as part of consultancy work related to the creation of the Mexico Wind Atlas.
- I used of agent-based modeling to explain power law distributions in socio-economic data.
Other Teaching Activities
- Marisciel Litong-Palima, Kristoffer Jon Albers, and Fumiko Kano Glückstad, “Stability and similarity of clusters under reduced response data”, Accepted for presentation: The 32nd Annual Conference of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence (JSAI) June 5-8, 2018, https://confit.atlas.jp/guide/event/jsai2018/session/2H16-19/tables?FwgpPOIgQP.
- K. J. Albers, M. Litong-Palima, M. N. Schmidt, R. Bonnevie, M. Mørup and F. K. Glückstad, “Understanding Mindsets Across Markets, Internationally: A public-private innovation project for developing a tourist data analytic platform”, Accepted for presentation: COMPSAC 2018 – 42nd IEEE Computer Society International Conference on Computers, Software & Applications , June 23, 2018.
- Kiviluoma, J., Holttinen, H., Scharff, R., David Edward, W., Nicolaos, C., Marisciel, L. P., & Michael, M. (2014). Index for wind power variability. In 13th International Workshop on Large-Scale Integration of Wind Power into Power Systems as well as on Transmission Networks for Offshore Wind Plants, Germany, Berlin, 11/11/14-13/11/14.
- Cutululis, Nicolaos Antonio, Argyrios Altiparmakis, Marisciel Litong-Palima, Nina Detlefsen, and Poul Ejnar Sørensen. "Market and system security impact of the storm demonstration in task-forces TF2. Deliverable: D16. 6: WP16. EU wide integrating assessment of demonstration replication potential." (2013).
- E. Legara, C. Monterola, D. Juanico, M. Litong-Palima, C. Saloma, “Earning potential in multilevel marketing enterprises ”, Physica A, Volume 387, Issue 19-20, p. 4889-4895, April 2008.
- Palima, Marisciel L., and Eduardo J. David. "Wealth distribution in a System with Wealth-limited Interactions." arXiv preprint arXiv:0710.1014 (2007).
- M. Litong, Y. Hayakawa and Y. Sawada, “Effects of Noise Coherence on Stochastic Resonance Enhancement in a Bithreshold System”, Physical Review E, vol. 64, 2001.