Successful African Firms and Institutional Change (SAFIC)
The ‘Successful African Firms and Institutional Change’ (in short SAFIC) project investigates how and why African firms are able to be successful in changing business and institutional environments. The project partners include,
- Copenhagen Business School, Centre for Business and Development Studies (lead),
- Roskilde University, Department of Social Sciences and Business,
- University of Dar es Salaam, Business School,
- University of Nairobi, Institute for Development Studies, and
- University of Zambia, Department of Geography and Environmental Science.
The project will contribute to the capacity building of the involved African universities among senior researchers and graduating 5 PhD scholars and 21 Master students in the field.
The project was initiated on 1 January 2012 and is expected to end on 30 September 2018.
The international SAFIC conference on "The Private Sector in Development: New Perspectives on Developing Country and Emerging Market Firms" took place on 6-7 April 2016. For more information about the conference, please click here.