International researcher workshop on sustainable fashion
CBS Centre for CSR (cbsCSR) organizes an international researcher workshop on sustainable fashion, which will be held at Copenhagen Business School on May 30, 2013. The workshop is funded by the CBS Sustainability Platform and the Danish Society for Education and Business (DSEB).
The purpose of the workshop is to bring researchers from across the world to Denmark to explore barriers and opportunities for systemic changes toward sustainability in the fashion industry. In order to stimulate future researcher collaboration, the workshop will also serve as a springboard to establish a global researcher network on sustainable fashion – hereafter called the ‘Sustainable Fashion Network’.
• New Research on Sustainable Fashion. Invited scholars from a variety of academic disciplines will present new research on sustainable fashion, e.g. regarding recycling systems, consumption patterns, supply chain management, and design strategies. Invited practitioners will also provide input on challenges and opportunities for sustainable fashion.
• Special Theme: New Business Models for Sustainable Fashion. A special theme of the workshop will be ‘New Business Models for Sustainable Fashion’, where authors selected a forthcoming special issue of Greener Management International will present how fashion companies explore new ways to create value for both customers and society.
• Discussion of Network Activities. The workshop will give priority to discussions of joint network activities regarding research projects, special issues, fundraising activities, teaching materials, exchange programmes, etc.
More details about the workshop programme will be communicated in the near future.
CBS, Kilen, Kilevej 14A. Room: Ks48
May 30th, 2013, from 10.00-17.00
• Esben Rahbek Pedersen, Associate Professor and Director, cbsCSR
• Kim Sundtoft Hald, Asscociate Professor, Department of Operations Management.
• Miguel Angel Gardetti, Director, Centre for Study of Corporate Sustainability (IESC), Argentina
For registration and confirmation of attendance please contact Elise Lind Jacobsen at email@example.com before May 10th 2012.