Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy
I am an Assistant Professor on the ERC funded interdisciplinary research project ‘Algorithmic Finance: Inquiring into the reshaping of financial markets’. My research focuses on the use of technology in finance; more specifically, the use of machine learning algorithms in investment management and trading firms. I study human-machine interactions and the implications introducing sophisticated machine learning techniques have on practices of trading and managing investments.
- Social studies of finance
- Intellectual history
- Sociology of ideas
- Kristian Bondo Hansen: ‘The virtue of simplicity: On machine learning models in algorithmic trading’. Big Data & Society (forthcoming)
- Daniel Souleles and Kristian Bondo Hansen: ‘Can they all be ‘Shit-heads’?: learning to be a contrarian investor’. Journal of Cultural Economy, 12(6), 2019: 491–507.
- Christian Borch and Kristian Bondo Hansen: ‘Market Mimesis: Imitation, Contagion, and Suggestion in Financial Markets’, in: Imitation, Contagion, and Suggestion: On Mimesis and Society. C. Borch (ed.), Abingdon: Routledge, 2019: 91–106.
- Kristian Bondo Hansen: ‘Contrarian investment philosophy in the American stock market: on investment advice and the crowd conundrum’. Economy & Society, 44(4), 2015: 616–638.
- Christian Borch, Kristian Bondo Hansen and Ann-Christina Lange: ‘Markets, bodies, and rhythms: A rhythmanalysis of financial markets from open-outcry trading to high-frequency trading’. Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, 33(6), 2015: 1080–1097
In: Science, Technology & Human Values, 22.7.2020
In: Big Data & Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, 1.2020
In: Journal of Cultural Economy, Vol. 12, No. 6, 12.2019, p. 491-507
Abstract from SASE 31st Annual Conference 2019, 2019, p. 1
Abstract from 4th Annual Conference of the Finance and Society Network. FSN 2019, 2019, p. 1
In: Imitation, Contagion, Suggestion: On Mimesis and Society. . ed. /Christian Borch. Abingdon : Routledge 2019, p. 91-106 (CRESC. Culture, Economy and the Social)
In: Ephemera: Theory & politics in organization, Vol. 19, No. 1, 2019, p. 193-202
Abstract from Futures of Finance and Society 2018, 2018
Paper presented at The 24th Nordic Academy of Management Conference, 2017
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2017, 255 p. (PhD series, No. 26.2017)
In: Economy and Society, Vol. 44, No. 4, 2015, p. 616-638
Abstract from Imitation, Contagion, Suggestion, 2015, p. 1
In: Environment and Planning D: Society and Space, Vol. 33, No. 6, 2015, p. 1080-1097
In: Contexto Internacional, Vol. 37, No. 3, 2015, p. 1081-1095
Paper presented at The 3rd Interdisciplinary Market Studies Workshop, 2014
In: Weekendavisen, 19.2.2016, p. 7
558 forskere og undervisere: Universitetets formålsparagraffer skal skrives med grønt
No outside activities to report.