Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy
- Centre for Business History
My research reflects an eclectic combination of interests in the cultural and political field. I am particularly interested in the role of cultural organizations; how they navigate and seek to influence societal institutions, express and balance their political interests and respond to global challenges and national debates.
In light of the heated debate about immigration and national identity in the Nordic countries, my current research project asks how national galleries and cultural history museums – the very organizations we visit to understand and affirm our national identity – narrate and exhibit their art and artefacts in this debate.
The project is part of ReNEW (Reimagining Norden in an Evolving World), which is funded by NordForsk.
- Organizations and institutions
- Museums, art and artefacts
- Narratives and uses of the past
- Visual politics
- National identity
- HA.kom. Institutionelle Perspektiver (Institutional Perspectives)
- HA.kom. Videnskabsteori og Metode (Philosophy of science and method)
- BSc in Economics and Business Administration, Innovation Management (elective)
I welcome supervision within my areas of expertise.
- Jørgensen, I. L. (2018). Creating cultural heritage: three vignettes on Carl Jacobsen, his museum and foundation. Management & Organizational History, 13(3), 283–301.
Paper presented at The 3rd Nordic Challenges Conference, 2019
Abstract from The 41st Annual Theoretical Archaeology Group Conference, 2019
Paper presented at Cultural Heritage Branding, 2019
In: Management & Organizational History, Vol. 13, No. 3, 2018, p. 283-301
Paper presented at The 33rd EGOS Colloquium 2017, 2017
Abstract from Day of Arts Philanthropy, 2017
Paper presented at The 2017 Business History Conference Annual Meeting, 2017
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [Phd] 2016, 197 p. (PhD series, No. 25.2016)
Abstract from The 2016 Business History Conference Annual Meeting, 2016
Paper presented at Paper Development Workshop on Historical Approaches to Entrepreneurship Theory & Research, 2016
Paper presented at Re-thinking History at Business Schools, 2015
Paper presented at The 29th EGOS Colloquium 2013, 2013
In: Information, 10.6.2016, p. 13
Bankerne har brug for at vise samfundssind. Men grønne billån er jo ikke filantropi
- Novo Nordisk, 2016-2017: CBS Impact Project
- A.P. Møller - Mærsk, 2016-2017: CBS Impact Project
- Danske Bank, 2016-2017: CBS Impact Project
- Arla, 2016-2017: CBS Impact Project
- Nordic Council of Ministers, 2016-2017: Platforms for Entrepreneurship: Long-lasting Perspectives for a sustainable Greenland in the Arctic Region (PENELOPE)