Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy
Adriana Budeanu is an Associate Professor at Copenhagen Business School doing research in the area of sustainable tourism and international business, sustainable consumption and lifestyles, corporate social responsibility in tourism supply chains, service innovation and event management. Her latest project work includes developing e-learning modules on sustainable tourism subjects and working with regional networks to develop sustainable mobility strategies. Adriana’s current and future research interests focus largely on sustainability performance in international businesses and on sustainable service innovation.
- International Business
- Strategic environmental and supply chain management
- Tourism management and sustainability
- Sustainable innovation
- Regional networks and public policy for sustainable tourism
Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility in Service Organizations (MSc. Service Management);
Human Resource Management (MSc Service Management) - in 2009
Business & Society (HA-SEM)
Sustainable Consumption (MSc in International Business);
Sustainable Tourism: Theory and Practice (HA-SEM)
Thesis supervised include topics related to: corporate social responsibility, sustainable event management and branding, tourism social media, employee motivation for eco-practice, environmental management in hotels.
Work related to the PRME initiative in CBS: teaching during "CSR Day", curricula development, part of the CEMS faculty group on "Business & Environment".
- Budeanu, A., (2013) Sustainability and Tourism Social Media. In A.M. Munar, S. Gyimóthy, L. Cai (eds.), Tourism and Social Media: A new research agenda, Tourism Social Science Series. London: Emerald
- Budeanu, A., Støle, E. (2012) Strategic dimensions of hosting sustainable events. In T. Pernecky, M. Lück (eds.), Events, Society and Sustainability, New York: Routledge.
- Budeanu, A. (2009). Environmental Supply Chain Management in tourism: the case of large tour operators. Journal for Cleaner Production 17(16): 1385-1392.
- Budeanu, A. (2007). Sustainable tourist behaviour. International Journal of Consumer Studies. 31 (5) 2007.
- Budeanu, A. (2007). Facilitating Transitions to Sustainable Tourism – The role of tour operators. Doctoral Dissertation. Lund: 2007:4 .
In: Asian Tourism Sustainability. ed. /Ann Selvaranee Balasingam; Yue Ma. Singapore : Springer 2022, p. v-vii (Perspectives on Asian Tourism)
In: Women's Voices in Tourism Research: Contributions to Knowledge and Letters to Future Generations. . ed. /Antonia Correia; Sara Dolnicar. Brisbane : The University of Queensland 2021, p. 514
In: Women's Voices in Tourism Research: Contributions to Knowledge and Letters to Future Generations. . ed. /Antonia Correia; Sara Dolnicar. Brisbane : The University of Queensland 2021, p. 63-64
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School, CBS 2017, 34 p. (NEPSUS Working Paper, No. 1, Vol. 2017)
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School, CBS 2017, 27 p. (NEPSUS Working Paper, No. 2017/2)
In: 2017 Critical Tourism Studies Proceedings. CTS 7. ed. /Kellee Caton. Kamloops, BC : Thompson Rivers University 2017, 1 p.
Abstract from 26th Nordic Symposium of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 2017
Amsterdam : Elsevier 2016, 255 p. (Journal of Cleaner Production, No. Part B, Vol. 111)
In: Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 111, No. Part B, 2016, p. 285–294
In: Anatolia: An International Journal of Tourism & Hospitality Research, Vol. 26, No. 3, The 23rd Nordic Symposium on Tourism and Hospitality Research, 2015, p. 480-482
Copenhagen : While Waiting for the Dawn 2015, 33 p.
In: Managing Ethical Consumption in Tourism. ed. /Clare Weeden; Karla Boluk. Abingdon : Routledge 2014, p. 83-103 (Routledge Critical Studies in Tourism, Business and Management)
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School, CBS The 23rd Nordic Symposium on Tourism and Hospitality Research, 2014, 162 p.
In: Culture Unbound: Journal of Current Cultural Research, Vol. 6, 2014, p. 907-911
In: Innovation and Value Creation in Experience-Based Tourism: Book of Proceedings. . ed. /Frank Lindberg. Bodø : University of Nordland 2013, p. 23-24
In: Tourism Social Media: Transformations in Identity, Community and Culture. . ed. /Ana María Munar; Szilvia Gyimóthy; Liping Cai. Bingley : Emerald Group Publishing 2013, p. 87-103 (Tourism Social Science Series, Vol. 18)
Paper presented at 16th Conference of the European Roundtable on Sustainable Consumption and Production (ERSCP) & 7th Conference of the Environmental Management for Sustainable Universities (EMSU), 2013
Abstract from The Future of Consumerism and Well-Being in a World of Ecological Constraints. 2013, 2013
In: Conference Proceedings: BEST Education Network Think Tank XII. Mobilities and Sustainable Tourism. . ed. /Tina R. Tiller. Sydney : University of Technology Sydney 2012, 5 p.
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2012, 24 p. (CLCS Working Paper Series)
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2012, 15 p. (CLCS Working Paper Series)
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2012, 25 p. (CLCS Working Paper Series)
In: Events, Society and Sustainability: Critical and Contemporary Approaches. . ed. /Tomas Pernecky; Michael Lück. Abingdon : Routledge 2012, p. 162-178 (Routledge Advances in Event Research Series)
In: Rethinking Transport in the Øresund Region: Policies, Strategies and Behaviours. Lund : Lund University 2012, p. 253-264
Abstract from The 20th Nordic Symposium in Tourism and Hospitality Research, 2011
Abstract from 4th Critical Tourism Studies Conference 2011, 2011
Abstract from Advancing the Social Science of Tourism 2011, 2011
In: Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 17, No. 16, 2009, p. 1385-1392
''I miss campus lectures where I tap into a subject with students and ideas start flying - it's like shaking and opening an intellectual bottle of Coca Cola''
Når ferien skal være grøn
Kvindelige forskere sidder fast på karrierestigen
Ny global rapport afslører markante kønsforskelle
- Member in the Advisory Board of the research project “Rethinking urban tourism development: Dealing with sustainability in the age of over-tourism” , Department of strategic communication, Lund University, 2019-2023
- Member in the Advisory Board of the Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism, Norwegian School of Hotel Management, University of Stavanger, 2014-