Call for Papers: 3rd Nordic Challenges Conference
Call for panels and papers
Copenhagen Business School, 6-8 March 2019
The ReNEW conference 2019 on ‘Nordic challenges’ focuses on how democratic institutions and practices as well as culture and values are changing in response to the multiple global challenges faced by Nordic countries. The Nordics have been key players at the international level, often setting the agenda in a wide variety of issues, such as peace, welfare, socially-viable competitiveness, climate change and human rights. But, global challenges such as migration and inequalities, have intensified recently, and the Nordic countries have seen a shift from liberalism and openness, to a more nationalist and closed approach. International cooperation is increasingly being looked upon critically, and policies across various policy areas are more inward looking than previously. These changes reflect a fundamental change of values in Nordic societies. Panels may, amongst others, be proposed in the following topics:
- Nordic cooperation and region-building;
- Democracy, governance and law;
- Public policy, gender equality and labour markets;
- Imagining Norden - branding and Nordic reputation;
- Multiculturalism and globalization;
- Nordic culture and media.
We invite paper panels, book panels (author meets critics), and roundtable events around relevant themes, such as the above, related to challenges in the Nordic countries. We encourage scholars to invite leading scholars and practitioners as discussants or main participants in round tables.
- Proposals for panels, round-tables or other events, are due on the 15th October. Response to submissions will be 31th October
- Proposals for papers are due the 1st November (these can be but are not required to be within a panel); Response to authors 1st December;
- Registration open from 1st December;
- Full papers to be uploaded by 15th February.
- Conference: 6-8th march 2019