The first CBS PhD student to win the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at CBS
It is the sixth time that Copenhagen Business School hosts the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award at CBS, but it is the first time that Copenhagen Business School has a winner on the program.
Niels Joachim Gormsen, PhD student at the Center for Financial Frictions (FRIC) in the Department of Finance has been selected by the Award Selection Committee to win one of the awards this year. The committee, which is chaired by professor Lasse Heje Pedersen, conducts an independent search of business schools and economic departments across the globe to seek out top candidates for the award. This year, Niels Joachim Gormsen is one of them.
“We are extremely proud of Niels Joachim’s achievements, of his excellent research and the excellent placement he received at Booth, Chicago,” says FRIC center director David Lando. He continues, “We saw a great potential in Niels Joachim already when he was a research assistant at the FRIC center. Through hard work he has realized his great potential as a PhD student to a point where the high-profile researchers in the Award Selection Committee see him as a future star of the profession. This is a huge achievement.”
Niels Joachim Gormsen’s main area of research is empirical asset pricing. In his job market paper, he studies how the equity term structure varies over time. Niels Joachim has a Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree from Copenhagen Business School and this summer, he will be joining the University of Chicago, Booth School of Business as an assistant professor.
About the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award 2018
The seven winners of the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award 2018 are:
- Laura Blattner, Harvard University
- Emanuele Colonnelli, Stanford University
- Niels Joachim Gormsen, Copenhagen Business School
- Kilian Huber, London School of Economics
- Yueran Ma, Harvard University
- Yiming Ma, Stanford Graduate School of Business
- Scott Nelson, MIT Economics
The seven winners will present their research in Copenhagen and you can find the seven exciting research topics in the AQR Top Finance Graduate Award program here.
You can sign up (free of charge) at www.financegradaward.cbs.dk
Deadline for registration is May 31, 2018 at noon!
Award selection committee
- Nicholas Barberis, Yale University, School of Management
- Patrick Bolton, Columbia University, Graduate School of Business
- Darrell Duffie, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business
- Ralph Koijen, NYU Stern School of Business
- Toby Moskowitz, Yale University, School of Management
- Lasse H. Pedersen, (Chair), Copenhagen Business School
- Michael R. Roberts, University of Pennsylvania, The Wharton School
- David S. Scharfstein, Harvard Business School
- Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, University of California, Berkeley
Find more information about the previous award winners here.