ECON's Teaching Assistants receive grants for their contribution to CBS
In collaboration with CBS faculty, vice dean Annemette Kjærgaard and the chairman of the CBS Scholarship Fund, Ole Wiberg, handed out grants from Timelærerforeningen to a number of talented teaching assistants on December 14, 2017 at CBS. ”Our teaching assistants play an important role in CBS’ programs. They build a bridge to the business community and help prepare students to make a difference in society”, said vice dean Annemette Kjærgaard to the teaching assistants, who received grants for rethinking teaching activities, activating students in new ways and their engagement at CBS.
With impressive motivations, faculty thanked the teachers for their significant contribution to making CBS and innovative and relevant educational institution. “You have contributed quite extraordinarily to the development of teaching cases, and your cases are used across CBS’ programs and by many colleagues”, said IOA professor Lise Justesen to teaching assistant John Haukeland. “It is a contribution which is far beyond expectations and truly benefits students”. Praise befell all recipients, who all stood out for their significant engagement in teaching and advising students at CBS.
”We are thrilled to be able to recognise the contribution from teaching assistants and not least the practical aspect they bring into the classroom”, chairman of CBS’ Scholarship Fund Ole Wiberg rounded off. “It is simply impressive to see this level of engagement from alumni who return to CBS and contribute to teaching, advising and to CBS as an institution.”
The following teaching assistants received a grant of DKK 30,000:
Rethinking teaching activities - innovative, pedagogical initiatives or integration of business cases in the courses
- John Haukeland, Project Manager at the Danish Board of Technology Foundation. Teaches HA (pro and almen), Department of Organisation
- Nanna Puggaard, self-employed. Teaches HA (almen, jur and psyk), Department of Economics
- Joakim Dohlmann, Chief Business Controller in Nordea. Teaches HA (almen, kom and psyk), Department of Economics
Interaction with students in the classroom and the enhancement of feedback
- Morten Duus, Head of Department in the Ministry of Immigration and Integration. Teaches HA (almen) and HD, Department of Law
Engagement and affiliation with CBS
- Niels Bo Lund, Director in Leo Pharma. Strategy Project advisor and Leadership mentor at the Full-time MBA program
- Maria Sennels, CEO of bySennels. Strategy Project advisor and teacher at the Executive MBA program