Tawfiq Alashoor is an Assistant Professor at Copenhagen Business School, Department of Digitalization. Alashoor holds B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees from King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (Saudi Arabia), Penn State University (U.S.), and Georgia State University (U.S.), respectively. He completed a postdoc program at the University of Notre Dame (U.S.) after his Ph.D.
Alashoor’s main research focuses on privacy decision making and cybersecurity. His research has been published in Information Systems (IS) journals, such as Communications of the AIS, and IS conferences, such as ICIS and HICSS. He received a Best Paper Award at ICIS (2015) and MENA-CIS (2018) and a Best Reviewer Award at the Academy of Management OCIS Division (2019). He serves as a reviewer for top tier IS journals including MISQ, ISR, and Management Science.
Alashoor’s teaching interests include managerial cybersecurity, systems analysis & design, quantitative research methods, and business statistics. He received a Teaching Excellence Award from Georgia State University (2019).
Alashoor is engaged in the IS community. He is a member of the AIS and AIS SIG on Information Security and Privacy. He has served as a secretary for the AIS Doctoral Student College and acted as a co-chair of a number of events in the IS community. He received the AIS Doctoral Student Service Award in 2020, and he is a member of honorary societies including Upsilon Pi Epsilon and Beta Gamma Sigma.
Alashoor grew up in Qatif (Saudi Arabia) where he played handball in the national league. He enjoys listening to podcasts and watching documentaries on AI, physics, and philosophy.
- Information Privacy
- Behavioral Experiments
- Introduction to IS and IS Development
- Information Privacy & Security
- Systems Analysis & Design
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Business Statistics
- Albashrawi, M., & Alashoor, T. (2020). Entrepreneurial intention: The impact of general computer self-efficacy and computer anxiety. Interacting with Computers. Advance articles, iwaa009.
- Alashoor, T., Keil, M., & Jiang, Z. (2019). Data donations for advancing medical research: Mitigating the negative effect of privacy concerns. In Proceedings of the Academy of Management (Vol. 2019, No. 1, p. 13405), Boston, Massachusetts.
- Alashoor, T., Al-Maidani, N., & Al-Jabri, I. (2018). The privacy calculus under positive and negative mood states. In Proceedings of the 39th International Conference on Information Systems, San Francisco, California.
- Alashoor, T., Han, S., & Joseph, R. C. (2017). Familiarity with big data, privacy concerns, and self-disclosure accuracy in social networking websites: An APCO model. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 41, 62-96.
- Saffarizadeh, K., Boodraj, M., & Alashoor, T. (2017). Conversational assistants: Investigating privacy concerns, trust, and self-disclosure. In Proceedings of the 38th International Conference on Information Systems, Seoul, South Korea.
- Alashoor, T., & Baskerville, R. (2015). The privacy paradox: The role of cognitive absorption in the social networking activity. In Proceedings of the 36th International Conference on Information Systems, Fort Worth, Texas.
- Alashoor, T. (2014). Cloud computing: A review of security issues and solutions. International Journal of Cloud Computing, 3(3), 228-244.