Department of Digitalization
José Parra-Moyano is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Digitalization of the Copenhagen Business School, conducting research on the management and economics of data and privacy. He holds a PhD in Management and Economics from the University of Zurich.
José has attended two summer schools on Computational Economics at Stanford, has been appointed as a Global Shaper by the World Economic Forum, is a Research Fellow at the Blockchain Centre of the University College in London, and a Fellow at Center of Excellence of The Digital Economist. Moreover, he has been listed as a Forbes 30 under 30, and has demonstrated success in startup funding.
José gives courses about business analytics, data science, and FinTech in different universities at master and MBA level, and advises companies in the development of their strategies in regard to data and technology. In 2020 he was a finalist of the Credit Suisse Award for Best Teaching at the University of Zurich, and he won the Best Teacher Award at the Mannheim Business School.
- Economics of Privacy and Data
- Blockchain, Data Strategy
- Applied Econometrics
- Information Economics and Business
- Data Economics
- Foundations of Healthcare
- Marketing Analytics
- Applying Data Analytics in Digital Business
- J Parra-Moyano, K Schmedders, AS Pentland (2020). What Managers Need to Know about Data Exchanges, MIT Sloan Management Review 61 (4), 39-44
- J Parra-Moyano, T Thoroddsen, O Ross (2019). Optimised and dynamic KYC system based on blockchain technology, International Journal of Blockchains and Cryptocurrencies 1 (1), 85-106
- J Parra-Moyano, O Ross (2017). KYC Optimization Using Distributed Ledger Technology, Business & Information Systems Engineering 59 (6), 411–423
In: Agricultura Familiar: Una prioridad estratégica para la reconstrucción económica y social de España. Madrid : Unión de Pequeños Agricultores y Ganaderos 2020, p. 93-96 (Agricultura Familiar en España, Vol. Anuario 2020)
London : The Conversation Trust 29.4.2020
London : The Conversation Trust 17.4.2020
In: MIT Sloan Management Review, Vol. 61, No. 4, 9.6.2020, p. 39-44
København : Ingeniøren 19.3.2020
José Parra: "Con el 'blockchain' los clubes están entendiendo a sus fans"
- Board of Experts at Enzyme Advisory Group: Advisory seat in the field of blockchain applications and digitalization of business processes
- Guest Professor at Mannheim Business School, MBA
- Guest Professor at Rochester-Bern, EMBA
- Courses at the Executive MBA in Mannheim