Department of Business and Politics
- EU politics and policy-making
- EU common market regulation and governance
- The EU budget and budgetary dynamics
- Open method of coordination and the new modes of governance
Manuele Citi received his MRes and PhD in Political and Social Sciences from the European University Institute in Florence. Before joining CBS, he was lecturer in EU Politics at James Madison University – International Program in Florence. His research concentrates on EU legislative politics, with a focus on regulation of the single market and budgetary politics. Broader areas of interest are transnational governance and the theories of regional integration
"Regional Integration and the EU" (BSc International Business and Politics)
"EU, the Internal Market and Business Strategy" (Elective)
"Corporate Response to European Integration" (Globe programme)
Supervision of BA, BSc and MA theses on topics related to EU politics, EU regulation and the governance of the common market
- Citi, Manuele and Mogens K. Justesen (2016), Institutional Constraints, Legislative Activism, and Policy Change: The Case of the European Union. European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 55, Issue 3, pp. 609-625
- Citi, Manuele (2015), European Union budget politics: Explaining stability and change in spending allocations. Forthcoming in European Union Politics.
- Citi, Manuele and Mogens K. Justesen (2014), Measuring and Explaining Regulatory Reform in the EU: A Time Series Analysis of Regulatory Dynamics in 8 Sectors (1984-2012). European Journal of Political Research.
- Citi, Manuele (2014), Revisiting Creeping Competences in the EU: The Case of Security R&D Policy, Journal of European Integration. Volume 36, Issue 2, pp. 135-151.
- Citi, M. (2013), EU budgetary dynamics: incremental or punctuated equilibrium? Journal of European Public Policy, Volume 20, Issue 8 pp. 1157-1173
- Citi, Manuele and Martin Rhodes (2006), New Forms of Governance in the European Union, in Jorgensen, K.E., Pollack, M. and Ben Rosamond “Handbook of European Union Politics”, Thousand Oaks/London: SAGE.
In: The New Politics of the European Union Budget. ed. /Stefan Becker; Michael W. Bauer; Alfredo De Feo. Baden-Baden : Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG 2017, p. 83-102 (Studies on the European Union, Vol. 12)
Paper presented at The 7th Annual Conference of the European Political Science Association, 2017
Paper presented at 23rd International Conference of Europeanists. CES 2016, 2016
In: European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 55, No. 3, 2016, p. 609-625
In: European Union Politics, Vol. 16, No. 2, 2015, p. 262-280
Paper presented at The 5th Annual General Conference of the European Political Science Association, 2015
In: European Journal of Political Research, Vol. 53, No. 4, 11.2014, p. 709–726
Frederiksberg : Department of Business and Politics. Copenhagen Business School 2014, 24 p. (Working Paper in Business and Politics, No. 86)
In: Revue d'Integration Europeenne, Vol. 36, No. 2, 2014, p. 135-151
In: Journal of European Public Policy, Vol. 20, No. 8, 9.2013, p. 1157-1173
Paper presented at 20th International Conference of Europeanists. 2013, 2013
Paper presented at 19th International Conference of Europeanists. 2012, 2012
Paper presented at Annual Conference, Danish Society for European Research (DSE), 2012, 2012
Paper presented at ECSA-DK Annual Conference 2015, 2015
Paper presented at Annual Confererence, Danish Society for European Research. ECSA 2013, 2013
Frederiksberg : Department of Business and Politics. Copenhagen Business School 2013, 20 p. (Working Paper in Business and Politics, No. 85)