Department of Business and Politics
Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies
The goal of the Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies (OMS) is to create an active national and international research environment at CBS for PhD candidates who are theoretically and empirically concerned with organisation and management in private, public and voluntary establishments. The theoretical point of departure is interdisciplinary and builds to a considerable degree on sociology, (social) psychology, political science and economics, philosophy, communication, history, ethnography and cultural studies of organisational and managerial practice.
There is emphasis in the PhD course on:
• ensuring an adequate and relevant range of courses within state-of-the-art research in organisation and management, and giving PhD students access to education within a broad range of social science methods
• ensuring a high professional level in the PhD students’ studies via on-going quality assurance and improvement
• creating an academic and financial possibility for enrolled students to present their projects at international conferences and in international journals, and to visit foreign countries and present their work in foreign research environments
• attracting high quality international researchers to the PhD school’s activities such as courses, work-in-progress seminars, guidance for the enrolled candidates and assessment of their theses
• establishing institutionalised cooperation agreements with international researchers and research environments.
The DBP aim is to offer courses and workshops at a high professional level which ensure participants a broad introduction to a number of newer research fields while simultaneously facilitating depth and specialisation. The courses aim to develop broad theoretical and methodological expertise and insight into the latest research within selected areas. DBP’s primary fields of research are comparative political economics, comparative political culture and international political economics, and courses are offered within all three fields. Courses of a basic theoretical character are also offered within social theory, political theory and political sociology.
Our ambition is also to offer courses with an international staff of lecturers from universities in the USA, Europe and Australia.
Further information on the content of the PhD courses, admission requirements, financial aid, current PhD projects and PhD courses offered is available on the PhD programmes page at the link at the bottom of the page.
Management and Organisation of OMS
Ph.D. Courses offered by CBS
Head of Doctoral School
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: +45 3815 3662
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: +45 3815 3558
Katja Høeg Tingleff
E-mail: email@example.com, Phone: +45 3815 2839