I am a private law scholar exploring the interplay of law, economic organization, and global production. I focus in particular on the role of private law in enabling, shaping, and regulating new forms of organization ranging from centralized mass production to global value chains and the platform and circular economies. My research covers the use of contract in the private governance of production for efficiency and sustainability, the public regulation of transnational production, and the role of private law in shaping new forms of organization.
• Private law, in particular comparative and transnational contract, tort, and private international law.
• Private governance, in particular contract as a mechanism for multilateral, contract-and-corporate-boundary-spanning governance.
• Public regulation, in particular analyzing and comparing transnational sustainability laws.
• The relationship of law and industrial organization in providing a foundational matrix for how production is organized globally, e.g. the role of law in global value chains, transaction-cost economics, outsourcing, off-shoring, digital platforms, the circular economy, and supply chain governance.
- Course responsible: Contracts and the Value Chain
- Course responsible: Advanced Contract Law and Contract Economics
- Contracts and the Value Chain
- Advanced Contract Law and Contract Economics
- Bachelors projects
- Masters theses
Frederiksberg : Copenhagen Business School [wp] 2020, 26 p. (CBS LAW Research Paper, No. 20-34)
In: European Review of Contract Law, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2020, p. 1-2
In: European Review of Contract Law, Vol. 16, No. 1, 2020, p. 25-43
In: Law and Responsible Supply Chain Management: Contract and Tort Interplay and Overlap. . ed. /Vibe Ulfbeck; Alexandra Andhov; Kateřina Mitkidis. Abingdon : Routledge 2019, p. 146-174
In: Competition and Change, Vol. 23, No. 4, 2019, p. 420-438
: The Law and Political Economy (LPE) Project 2019
In: Pragmatism v. principfasthet i nordisk förmögenhetsrätt. ed. /Jan Kleineman. Stockholm : Jure 2019, p. 309-325 (Centrets Skriftserie, No. 35)
In: Legal Reform and the Development of Rule of Law: A Comparison between China and Finland. . ed. /Chen Su; Ulla Liukkunen. Bejing : Social Sciences Academic Press 2019 (China Forum on the Rule of Law)
In: The Cambridge Handbook of Corporate Law, Corporate Governance and Sustainability. ed. /Beate Sjåfjell; Christopher M. Bruner. Cambridge : Cambridge University Press 2019, p. 57-70
In: Sustainable and Efficient Transport: Incentives for Promoting a Green Transport Market. . ed. /Ellen Eftestøl-Wilhelmsson; Suvi Sankari; Anu Bask. Cheltenham : Edward Elgar Publishing 2019, p. 161-181
In: Maastricht Journal of European and Comparative Law, Vol. 26, No. 5, 2019, p. 602-627
In: Defensor Legis, No. 4, 2019, p. 533-552
In: Lakimies, Vol. 117, No. 3-4, 2019, p. 387-417
In: Tulane Law Review, Vol. 93, No. 1, 2018, p. 1-46
In: American Journal of Comparative Law, Vol. 66, No. 2, 2018, p. 411-451
Turku : University of Turku 2017, 245 p.
: SSRN: Social Science Research Network 2017 (University of Oslo Faculty of Law Research Paper, No. 28, Vol. 2017)
In: Indiana Journal of Global Legal Studies, Vol. 23, No. 2, 2016, p. 709-742
In: London Review of International Law, Vol. 4, No. 1, 3.2016, p. 57-79
In: Lakimies, Vol. 113, No. 3-4, 2015, p. 482-507
Espoo : VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland 2014, 106 p. (VTT Technology, No. 152)
In: Safeguarding Human Rights and Constructing the Rule of Law: A Comparison between China and Finland. Beijing : Social Sciences Academic Press 2014, p. 13-33 (China Forum on the Rule of Law)
In: Monimuotoinen verkosto: Johtamista ja juridiikkaa. . ed. /Ari Saarnilehto; Jukka Vesalainen; Vesa Annola. Helsinki : Lakimiesliton Kustannus 2013
In: Nordic Journal of Commercial Law, Vol. 2011, No. 1, 2011
Private governance of production; public regulation of production; comparative transnational private law; new forms of organization (centralized mass production, global value chains, the platform and circular economies); sustainability.
- Editor in chief, Oikeus (Finnish socio-legal journal)
- External reviewer of publications, doctoral students, funding proposals