Creativity for Innovation and Growth in Europe (CRE8TV.EU)
Creativity is a fundamental transformative mechanism of the European economy. To study this mechanism, this project brings together 11 of Europe's leading innovation research centres, and is structured around six themes:
1. Mapping and measuring the creative-cultural industries and their impacts;
2. Understanding and modelling creativity and design;
3. Entrepreneurship and industrial dynamics and creative-cultural industries;
4. Digital ecosystems, user participation and the blurring of production and consumptions;
5. Intellectual property, IP rights and innovation in creative-cultural activities, and,
6. Policy issues and recommendations.
Together, and through nearly 25 person years of research, we will make substantial progress dynamics of these industries. This will result in new data sets, policy briefs and tools, as well as academic articles and books. Above all, the project will substantially enhance the state of knowledge and understanding of the nature and characteristics of creativity and innovation, the cultural-creative industries, and their role in shaping the future European economy and society. It will also provide important and reliable evidence regarding the emergence, promotion, and stimulation of creativity in relation to innovation in Europe, and how creativity-based entrepreneurship contributes to economic growth and wellbeing. The project will also be a highly valuable and original source of knowledge and understanding for the research, business and policymaking communities at both the EU and national/regional levels. The project will also help build a European research community focused on creativity and innovation, and will contribute to building research capacity by providing opportunities for early career researchers. It will also seek to advance the role of women researchers and research managers in Europe.