Open Access agreement with Elsevier
On 1 January 2021, a new consortium agreement between Elsevier and Danish research institutions stepped into force. The agreement means that researchers from Danish research institutions can now publish their research as Open Access without cost in a number of Elsevier journals. The agreement is valid until 31 December 2024.
In the following, you can find out how to make use of the Elsevier agreement in terms of publishing Open Access without cost:
To publish Open Access without cost, the following conditions need to be fulfilled:
• The article is submitted to the journal after 1 January 2021
• The corresponding author is affiliated to Copenhagen Business School
• The journal must be part of the agreement (see which journals are part of the agreement below)
What to do
When your article is accepted for publication, you will receive an e-mail with a link to the “post-acceptance author journey”. To make sure that your article is published as Open Access without cost, you need to fill out the form in the following way:
1. Choose ‘Copenhagen Business School’ as ‘Corresponding Author’s Organization’
2. Choose ‘Gold OA’ to publish your article as Open Access without a publication fee
3. Choose a Creative Commons-license. You can choose between CC BY or CC BY-NC-ND (if you have questions about Creative Commons-licenses, please write to email@example.com).
If you prefer video instructions, you can watch Elsevier’s instruction video with the title: “Gold Open Access: Central Funding Agreement”.
Which journals are part of the agreement?
The agreement includes most subscription-based journals, with the exclusion of about 170 journals. If you want to know if a specific journal is included in the agreement, you can look it up here.
Gold Open Access journals (journals that are not subscription-based, and where all articles are published as Open Access) are not part of the agreement. If you publish in one of these journals, you will need to pay an Article Processing Charge (APC). See a list of Elsevier's Gold Open Access journals here.
Read more about the agreement on CBS Library’s LibGuide on Open Access. If you have questions about the agreement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.