WARNING! Be careful with extensive use of Preqin
Preqin triggers a Captcha warning if you view more than 20 pages within a 60 second window as the system will assume that you are using a bot to view multiple pages in quick succession. This happens when multiple tabs are opened at the same time.
Please be mindful and do not open too many windows/tabs when using Preqin. This will help prevent triggering the Captcha.
If you do trigger a Captcha warning and subsequently cannot access Preqin, please contact the library (email@example.com)'
Preqin contains comprehensive global research on the investment industry. The CBS Library subscription includes access to the Private Equity module.
Preqin's suite of private equity tools and services provide a comprehensive view of the private equity industry.
Preqin covers institutional investors, fund performance, fundraising, deals, fund managers, and fund terms, for all fund types.
Within the Private Equity module you will find seven sub-modules:
- Fund Managers: Profiles and data on more than 10,300 active private equity fund managers, including data on buyout, venture capital, distressed, mezzanine, natural resources, and fund of funds. A fund manager is normally a private equity firm.
- Funds: Information and data on more than 4,000 funds
- Performance: Performance data on private equity funds
- Investors: In-depth profiles of more than 6,100 active institutional investors in private equity
- Investment Consultants: Profiles of leading investment consultants
- Buyout Deals: Private equity-backed buyout deals and exit data, including coverage of more than 48,500 transactions
- Compensation: Annual survey of the latest trends in compensation practices at private capital firms.
- Venture Deals: no access
- Fund Terms: no access
Via the Need help? icon in the top menu, you will find a brief user guide, a performance data guide, as well as a comprehensive glossary list.
Use Advanced Search to combine multiple search criteria, such as firm and fund name, vintage year, fund type, geographic focus, manager location, industry focus, and fund size.
From the top right corner of most pages, you can download and export data to Excel, MS Word or PDF).
|Period||1990s and onwards|