Journal Citation Reports
Journal Citation Reports contents
Access to Social Sciences Edition and Sciences Edition (life sciences, technical sciences), totaling citation data from more than 11.000 journals.
The primary use of the database is to determine the “impact factor” of a journal (JIF) and to identify the most frequently cited journals in a given field. Useful when planning a publication strategy.
Social Sciences Edition covers scientific journals with in 57 subject categories. Most important categories are Economics (345 titles), Business (120 titles), Business, Finance (94 titles) and Management (192 titles).
Find data (JIF, rank with in a scientific field/subject category and other indicators) for a known journal::
- Search for the journal name in the search box ”Go to Journals Profile”
- Click on RANK if you want to see which subject categories the journal belong to – and its position/rank on this list.
Find ranking lists of all journals with in a specific subject category:
- Click on ”Select Categories”
- Choose the subject category you want
- Click on the ”Submit”-button (below, left menu)
Find more help and guidance under Help in the top navigation bar. Here you’ll find very useful training video’s. : http://wokinfo.com/training_support/training/journal-citation-reports/
For information the different indicators (JIF, etc.) – se Help -> Glossary – A -Z
Journal Citation Reports facts