BankFocus - new interface
BankFocus is a database of banks and financial institutions worldwide. The information is sourced by Bureau van Dijk from a combination of annual reports, information providers and regulatory sources. Bureau van Dijk is now part of Moody’s Analytics Company
BankFocus offers detailed, standardized reports and ratios for over 55,000 banks across the globe (30,000 US and 25,000 non-US).
Some of the features in BankFocus:
- Access to very detailed information on individual banks
- Access to financial information in a detailed and standardized global format and in the national format
- Create benchmarking analyses comparing a bank against its peers
- Search by hundreds of criteria
- Illustrate financials with an easy-to create graphs
- Get a quick view of a bank's financial status and exposure
- Look at a bank's corporate structure in a tree diagram and find all companies with the same parent
- Detailed accounts and preliminary data
- Bank and Country ratings (from Moody’s, Fitch, Standard & Poor’s and EIU)
- Stock data
- CEOs and contacts
- Ownership data
- Subsidiaries etc.
Access to current and historical credit ratings by Moody’s & Standard & Poor’s. Rating data are non-exportable but available on-screen and can be used as search and analysis criteria.
Access to data from 1990 and forward. The chronological coverage varies from bank to bank. In general, the coverage is more comprehensive when it comes to US banks.
You can access BankFocus through the following two databases:
A database with a more traditional configuration and user-friendly interface. In this database you can export data to Excel.
BankFocus is also part of the WRDS portfolio of resources and databases. WRDS provides researchers worldwide with instant access to financial, economic, and marketing data through a uniform, web-based interface.
In WRDS you can export data to a variety of output formats. You can e.g. choose text and excel formats and formats to statistical software such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, and R
You can find detailed information in the User Guide provided by BankFocus.
|Period||Data form 1990 and forward.|
|Provider||Bureau van Dijk (part of Moody’s Analytics Company)|