CBS Maritime Looking Ahead
CBS Maritime was established as a strategic ‘Business in Society (BiS) Platform’ at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) in January 2014. As an entity operating across departments and with dedicated teaching programs, CBS Maritime coordinates and develops maritime and neighboring research, teaching and problem-solving activities at CBS and provides a one-point-of-entry between CBS and the maritime industry (broadly conceived). A key focus has been on developing collaborative partnerships with maritime companies and organizations for tackling relevant business and societal challenges and opportunities.
CBS Maritime has developed strongly in its first five years:
- Several large-scale research projects have been carried out with the generous support of public and private foundations and in close collaboration with the maritime industry
- The existing Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics was effectively reaccredited and considerably strengthened
- An ambitious BSc program in International Shipping and Trade was established – in academic partnership with Singapore Management University and Texas A&M University – and is successful in providing talent to Danish shipping
- Ties have been built to the other Danish universities as well as to the maritime schools and academies, and Maritime Research Alliance is now emerging as a result
- Strong international partnerships have been forged with maritime researchers at leading universities and business schools in Southeast Asia, Europe and North America.
Five years have passed and we now see several large-scale projects completed and important new developments in maritime teaching. We are therefore pleased to invite you to join us in taking stock and looking ahead at the event “CBS Maritime Looking Ahead” on 5 December 2018. Here, we will highlight and discuss current and future research and teaching developments.
Note that the event is free of charge however, registration is mandatory. Sign up for the event "CBS Maritime Looking Ahead" here. Registration closes 30 November.