The Graduate Diploma Programme (HD) - flexible studies to boost your career
A diploma programme is
- a supplementary education in economics and business administration
- targeted those who have a business career and want to advance or change career/upgrade their competences.
- studies financed by your employer or yourself.
- unfortunately not approved for SU (education grant).
- a degree corresponding to a bachelor*.
The diploma programme consists of two independent programmes: The Graduate Certificate (HD1) and the Graduate Diploma (HD2).
- The Graduate Certificate (HD1) - a basic education in business administration which provides the theoretical and methodological foundation for the specialisation in the Graduate Diploma (HD2).
- The Graduate Diploma (HD2) - a specialisation in which you focus on a specific academic discipline. CBS offers nine different Graduate Diploma programmes.
A diploma programme has a prescribed study period of four years with two years of part-time studies for the Graduate Certificate (HD1) and the Graduate Diploma (HD), respectively. However, it is possible to extend the programme if necessary, as we also offer single courses. Single courses may also be a possibility if you just need some professional upgrading within a certain area. Click here to register for the diploma programme (HD).
The English title of the full diploma programme is “The Graduate Diploma in Business Administration”.
The courses are usually scheduled outside normal work hours - in the evening or during weekends - and in most diploma programmes, you can choose between many different days to attend the same teaching activity, which offers you a great level of flexibility. You can view class hours of the individual diploma programmes on their websites.
We also offer online teaching activities in some of our diploma programmes which gives you even more flexibility in life - or the opportunity to study a diploma programme while working abroad.
Academic content applied in practice
The teaching activities in the diploma programme are research-based and business-oriented, and they are carried out by researchers at CBS as well as external lecturers from the business community in order to guarantee a dynamic studies which are continuously improved and adapted to the world around us.
The students’ experiences are applied in the teaching activities, adding a practice-oriented dimension, and some of the teaching activities are based on group work. Discussion in study groups supports your learning and enhances your ability to listen, learn and discuss, making you an even better collaborative partner.
We are currently developing and implementing Blended Learning as a part of the attendance-based classes. Blended Learning is an initiative which incorporates digital teaching methods in the in-class teaching activities. The new teaching methods will support the flexibility in the programme and the preparation for teaching activities as well as exams.
While the implementation is going on, the diploma programmes will offer courses with and without Blended Learning elements. For now, two teaching methods exist in the diploma programmes i.e. in-class (with Blended Learning elements) and online (in programmes offering this).
Programmes offered at CBS