Executive MBA in Shipping & Logistics
A unique holistic approach to shipping and logistics
The CBS Executive MBA in Shipping and Logistics is a modular programme with eight week-long modules over the course of 22 months, supported by a virtual platform. Individual/group assignments and group discussions enhance the learning process.
Programme content overview
Four governing themes are evident throughout the programme:
- leadership challenges
- globalisation of the world economy
- implications of information and communication technology development
- changes in logistics requirements.
The programme adopts a holistic view of shipping - integrating commercial, technological and financial aspects as well as maritime law and supply-chain management, and leadership challenges - which is unique. Upon graduation, you will have developed a complete understanding of the challenges in this sector. The programme will take you to the top international level in business administration, reflecting the needs of the industry in a world, where globalisation, enhanced competition, and the speed of technological change place ever-increasing demands on executive management skills.
As part of the learning process, corporate visits in the past have included visits to: Mærsk, Norden, Torm, Danish Shipping, DFDS, where top management shared their insights with the Blue MBA cohorts.
The final Integrated Strategy Project serves two purposes:
- for the candidate, the aim is to integrate all topics covered in the programme by using real-world data on a problem related to the candidate’s own company
- for the candidate’s company, the aim is to have a strategic issue thoroughly analysed, with proposed solutions and implementation plans.