HD2 Management Accounting and Performance Management

Tuition Fee

In the HD Programme you pay a tuition fee that covers teaching, supervision and three exam attempts per course.

Tuition fee for a complete course package

Tuition per semester: DKK 11,250.
Tuition for the complete programme (4 semesters): DKK 45,000.

Tuition per semester: DKK 16,500.
Tuition for the complete programme (4 semesters): DKK 66,000.

Tuition fee for HD single courses



5 ECTS kr.  3.750
10 ECTS kr.  7.500
15 ECTS kr. 11.250




 5 ECTS kr.  5.500
7,5 ECTS kr.  8.250
10 ECTS kr. 11.000
15 ECTS kr. 16.500

You pay the tuition fee for the HD Programme via our electronic payment portal.

HD and other part-time programmes are regulated by the Act on Open University (Lov om Åben Uddannelse) as fee-based programmes. The Government provides the so-called “performance-based funding” per student, and the students then have to pay the remaining costs as a fee.
Payment terms

In the HD Programme you pay a tuition fee that covers teaching, supervision and three exam attempts per course. HD fees are normally a fixed amount per academic year, but this can change in keeping with general price increases. HD fees are not subject to VAT.

The payment deadline is listed on the individual invoice.

In addition to the tuition fee you must also pay for books. 

If you are registered for the online programme and have to take your exams abroad, you are responsible for any expenses incurred in this regard.

Read more about how to pay under Epayment.

Read more about the provision of our services under Delivery terms.

Delivery terms

The tuition fee covers teaching, supervision and three exam attempts per course. 

Our services are provided as follows:

  • The tuition fee covers one course and any supervision given in the semester in which the tuition fee is paid.
  • The tuition fee covers three exam attempts, where you are automatically registered for the first and, if necessary, the second exam attempt in the semester in which the tuition fee has been paid. If you then take the exam at another time, it is your responsibility to register for the exam as an independent student. As an independent student you have access to the current course syllabus.
  • If you have taken the exam(s) in the semester in which you have paid tuition, and have an exam attempt(s) left, you can then use the exam attempt(s) as long as HD offers the course, if you did not pass the exam. When the course is no longer offered with teaching, the exam is offered one final time within 16 months after the teaching ends. If you have any exam attempts left, you have the right to use an exam attempt one last time. After this, the remainder of the exam attempts are annulled. Please note that the course content and syllabus may be updated from year to year.

In case of illness

If you submit documentation within eight days of the exam date where you were ill when the ordinary exam or re-take exam took place, it does not count as an exam attempt. In case of illness when the ordinary exam took place, you will automatically be registered for a re-take exam. If you do not pass the re-take exam, then you are responsible for registering for the exam as an independent student in the next semester/academic year or later.   

Supervision for your Final project

Applies to HD1
You can only use the supervision in the semester for which you paid tuition. If you do not pass your final project then you only have access to supervision if you pay the tuition fee again, even if you did not use up the number of hours the tuition fee afforded you. You cannot transfer the unused supervision hours to subsequent semesters.

Applies to HD2
You can only use the supervision in the semester for which you paid tuition. If you do not pass your final project at the ordinary exam and must do a re-take exam, you can receive two hours of extra supervision, if all of the supervision hours for the ordinary exam are used up, and an exam attempt was used for the ordinary exam. If you do not pass the ordinary exam or the re-take exam (or you have postponed your final project until the next semester/academic year or later), you can only receive supervision if you pay the tuition fee again, even if you did not use up the number of hours the tuition fee afforded you. You cannot transfer the unused supervision hours to subsequent semesters.


Withdrawal must be done in writing by filling out the withdrawal form, and if you withdraw before the teaching for the course in question begins, you can receive a tuition refund. 

Tuition fee for students from countries outside EU/EEA
For students with citizenship outside the EEA countries (i.e. the 28 EU countries plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) an extra payment fee is charged (approximately DKK 2,500 per semester) as CBS does not receive performance-based funding from the Government for these students. However, an exemption is made for those students with special basis for residence permit:

  • Permanent residence permit
  • Residence permit with the possibility for permanent residence
  • Residence permit in pursuant to the EU/EEA Order (EU-opholdsbekendtgørelsen).
  • Residence permit in Denmark as an accompanying child
  • Permanent residence in another Nordic country (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Greenland and the Faroe Islands). Please note that the admission office of the diploma programme will make the final decision based on your current residence permit.

If you have a study permit, you are not exempted from paying the extra fee. Please contact the admission office if you are uncertain whether your residence permit exempt you from the payment.

Please note the following:

  1. HD cannot issue a study residence permit as it is a part-time programme.
  2. It is therefore the students’ own responsibility to legally reside in Denmark.
  3. For further information read New to Denmark

Programme funding

HD is not eligible for SU but it is possible to apply for the State Educational Support for Adults if a range of preconditions are met.


If your employer pays the expenses associated with your education, the tuition fee is tax free. The employer has the right to deduct taxes from the tuition fee. This applies regardless of whether the programme is considered as an update or further education.

Your employer can pay the expenses for all types of supplementary training/further education acquired in connection with e.g. HD or MBA programmes without you having to pay tax.

  • The employer can cover expenses for:
  • Programme or tuition fee
  • Books and materials relevant for the programme
  • Transport to the university

Expenses not covered by your employer can be deducted provided that it is in accordance with the normal tax rules.

Your employer will not pay for your HD
If your employer does not want to pay for your programme, you will only be eligible for tax relief under specific circumstances.

Your employer pays for your HD in return for salary decrease
An agreement between your employer and you can be made stating that your employer will cover the educational expenses in exchange for a reduction in your salary. The approval of such a gross deduction scheme depends on a range of terms and conditions. When dealing with education financed through such a scheme, the Danish Customs and Tax Administration (SKAT) does not require the company (CBS) to be a contracting partner. You and your employer make the agreement yourself.

SOURCE: http://www.tax.dk/pjecer/fri_undervisning.htm


The job rotation scheme is for you who have a full-time or part-time job and wish to continue your education or upgrade your knowledge by i.e. studying HD at CBS.

With the job rotation scheme, your employer has the possibility to hire a substitute on favourable terms during those hours you have to attend lectures. This way, it is easier for your employer to go without your resources while you are studying.

The favourable terms:

  • The company receives DKK 178.84 per teaching hour.
  • A course on 10 ECTS can e.g. result in up to 37 job rotation days.  
  • Pooling the teaching hours of multiple employees might be used to give the company a more coherent substitute plan.

Your employer can be approved for a job rotation scheme when:

  • Your educational level does not exceed a medium-term higher education programme (MVU)
  • You do not simultaneously receive the State Educational Support for Adults (SVU)
  • You receive full pay during your studies and are compensated for the time you use on your studies.

How to get started?
Contact the unit Skills upgrade for everybody on 3630 4454, learn more on jobrotationsservice.dk or in our flyer about the job rotation scheme


Take further education for free with the Finance Competence Funds (Finanskompetencepuljen) if you are employed in the financial sector and your company is a member of the Danish Employers’ Association for the Financial Sector (FA).

Visit finanskompetencepuljen and see what courses they offer in collaboration with CBS.


Follow us

Follow us on Facebook and get unique insights into the diploma programmes (HD) at CBS through interviews, good advice, links and relevant articles.

Link to HD's facebook Link to HD's LinkedIn Link to HD's instagram