Entry requirements for the HD Programmes
NEW: You can now apply for HD single courses with any Master's Degree.
To be enrolled in HD1, you need a Danish upper secondary exam or its like.
Below listed educations qualify you to be admitted to HD1:
- The upper secondary examination - STX
- The higher commercial examination - HHX
- The higher technical examination - HTX
- The higher preparatory examination - HF
- The competence-certifying examination in connection with vocational training - EUX
- The upper secondary induction programme for refugees and immigrants - GIF
- Faroese upper secondary examination, Faroese higher commercial examination, Faroese higher technical examination, Faroese higher preparatory examination
- Greenland’s upper secondary education (GU-examination), the higher commercial examination in Greenland and the higher technical examination in Greenland.
- Qualifying exams from Duborg-Skolen and AP Møller Skolen (schools for the Danish minority in South Schleswig)
- International upper secondary examinations (DFB, IB, EB, OIB)
- A relevant education at the same level.
Applicants not meeting the above requirements can apply for exemption to be admitted based on a concrete, individual assessment of the educational prerequisites and work experience. You find the application form for exemption from entry requirements under “Do you not meet the entry requirements?”.
The previously requirement of level B mathematics is withdrawn. However, we highly recommend that you acquire mathematical competences on a similar level in order to follow the teaching activities in HD1.
You can test your mathematical proficiency by taking our math test here.
NOTE: There is no requirement for work experience when you enrol in HD1.
Entry requirements - HD2
In order to qualify for HD2, the following requirements have to be fulfilled:
- A qualifying degree
- Minimum two years of relevant work experience
Qualifying examination for HD2:
- Relevant Academic Programmes or Undergraduate Degree within the field of Economics.
- BSc in Business Administration and Service Management, (HA), Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Economics or Business, MSc in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.) or other relevant Master’s Programmes within the field of Economics.
There are several other programmes and combinations, which supplemented with one or more subjects, may give you direct admission to HD2. You can apply for exemption from entry requirements if you have an corresponding educational background within the field of Economics.
Please notice that application fees are relevant for applicants with a nationality that is not Danish, Nordic, from EU/EEA or Swiss, or do not have a permanent residence permit in Denmark. Further information can be found here.
Two years of relevant work experience
...is defined this way:
- The work experience must be accomplished after or during the qualifying degree. That means that work experience before the qualifying degree do not count. You can count the work experience up till the beginning of first semester at HD2.
- A full time job is defined as minimum 30 hours per week, and a part time job is defined as minimum 15 hours per week. That means that a part time job in one year will be converted into a full time job in half a year. Employments less than 15 hours per week will not be counted.
- The work experience can be put together by one or more employments. The employments must however be a minimum of 6 Months.
- The work experience must be relevant. That implies that the employment must be of a nature, where you have gained insight into the economical and organizational structure of the workplace. Internships and trainees during or after the qualifying degree can also be included.
Documentation of work experience
When you are documenting your work experience, it is your responsibility that we get the correct information we need. Please make sure that the specified documentation shows the following:
- The full period of employment for each relevant employment (from start till finish).
- The average number of working hours per week.
- A short description of content of work.
Your work experience must be documented by means of a Employer’s Declaration from your current employer or by a statement from your former employer, annual statement, payslips (first and last) or similar.
If you do not meet the entry requirements, you can apply for exemption. An exemption from two years of relevant work experience cannot be granted.
If you have an other educational backgrund than those stated as qualifying examinations above, you must fill out the exemption form and send it alongside the various appendixes needed to HD Tilmeldning.
Application form to an exemption from requirements
The evaluation for an exemption from requirements to HD programmes is therefore based on your educational background, and only completed exams will be evaluated.
If you wish to apply to obtain admission based on your collective knowledge, proficiency and competencies from both educational background and work experience, you need to apply for an assessment of competencies - read more below.
Assessment of competencies
It is possible to have your collective knowledge, proficiency and competencies assessed in relation to HD content.
You can apply for an assessment of competencies with the purpose of proving the following:
- You have the necessary competencies equivalent to the admission requirements for the HD programmes
- You have the proficiency equivalent to parts of the HD programmes (certificate of competence)
- You have the proficiency equivalent to all of a the HD programmes (certificate of education)
Read the manual carefully before applying for an assessment of competencies and contact us if needed.
Application form to an assessment of competencies
Questions regarding enrolment?
Contact 'HD Tilmelding':
Telephone: +45 3815 2750
Monday to Friday from 10.00 - 12.00 and 12.30 - 14.00