The Graduate Diploma in Organisation and Management (HD2)
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE GRADUATE CERTIFICATE (HD1) AND THE GRADUATE DIPLOMA (HD2)
Below you can find an overview of those exams which qualify you for the Graduate Certificate (HD1) and the Graduate Diploma (HD2) respectively and information on what you can do if you do not meet the entry requirements and therefore have to apply for exemption from the entry requirements.
Click here to apply for the diploma programme (HD).
NEWS: If you have a master degree, you can be enrolled in single courses in the Graduate Diploma (HD2). Read more about single courses and see the total selection of courses on the single course page.
In relation to admission to the Graduate Diploma (HD2), you must meet the following requirements:
- A qualifying exam
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience (the definition of two years of relevant work experience is found below)
Qualifying examination to the Graduate Diploma programme:
- Graduate Certificate in Business Administration (HD part 1)
- Relevant Academic Programmes or Undergraduate Degree within the field of Economics
- BSc in Business Administration and Service Management, (HA), Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Economics or Business, MSc in Economics and Business Administration (cand.merc.) or other relevant Master’s Programmes within the field of Economics
There are several other programmes and combinations, which supplemented with one or more subjects, may give you direct admission to the Graduate Diploma Programmes. You can apply for exemption from admission requirements if you have an corresponding educational background within the field of Economics. Further information regarding this can be found under the section "Do you not meet requirements?".
THE DEFINITION OF TWO YEARS OF RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
The definition goes as follows:
- The work experience must be acquired after or during the qualifying degree. That means that work experience before the qualifying degree do not count. You can count the work experience up till the beginning of first semester at the Graduate Diploma.
- A full-time job is defined as minimum 30 hours per week, and a part-time job is defined as minimum 15 hours per week. One year in a part-time job will therefore be converted into a half a year in a full-time job. Employments less than an average of 15 hours per week will not be counted.
- The work experience can comprise multiple employments. The employments must however be a minimum of 6 months.
- Relevant work experience implies that the employment must give you insight into the financial/organisational functions. Trainees and internships during or after the qualifying degree can also be included.
DOCUMENTATION OF WORK EXPERIENCE
When you document your work experience, it is your responsibility to give us the correct information. Please make sure that the specified documentation shows the following:
- The full period of employment for each relevant employment (from start till finish).
- The average number of working hours per week.
- A short description of the work content.
Your work experience must be documented by means of an Employer’s Declaration from your current employer or by a statement from your former employer, salary statements (first + last) or similar.
You can find the Employer's declaration form here.
Here is a small guide explaining what can be used as valid documentation.
Here you have a guide which helps you determine what application you should send. Read more by clicking here.
Exemption and qualification evaluation in connection with admission
If you do not meet the requirements of a qualifying exam or two years of relevant work experience for the Graduate Diploma (HD2), you can apply for exemption. Different forms of exemptions and eligibility assessments exist.
- If you wish to apply for exemption based on another educational background, you must apply for exemption from entry requirements. Only passed degrees and/or passed courses can be assessed in cases of exemption - see below.
- If you apply for enrolment based on your total competences (and not just your educational background), you should make use of the opportunity for the assessment of competences - see below.
- If you apply for exemption from the entry requirement of two years of work experience applicable to the Graduate Diploma (HD2), you must obtain an assessment of competences - see below.
Exemption from entry requirements
You can apply for an exemption from the entry requirements if you have an educational background similar to the qualifying exams.
In case you have another educational background, it may give access to the diploma programme if it has a corresponding level within the following academic disciplines:
- Competences within business administration equivalent to the Graduate certificate (HD1)
- Competences in Business Research Methods and project work equivalent to the Graduate Certificate (HD1)
- Basic skills in Macro Economics and Business Law
- Basic skills in Data Analysis including knowledge of financial uncertainty
You can find the Exemption Form here
The exemption form and various appendices must be send as one PDF-file to HD Application or uploaded in the application portal.
ASSESSMENT OF COMPETENCES
It is possible to have your collective knowledge, proficiency and competences assessed according to the diploma programme (HD) content.
Those competences you have acquired through work experience, organisational activities, board duties etc. can be of value corresponding to actual educational competences. You can get an official statement of these competences in form of an assessment of competences.
You can apply for an assessment of competences with the purpose of proving:
- that you have the necessary competences equivalent to the admission requirements for the Graduate Diploma (HD2)(certificate for admission to the Graduate Diploma).
- that you have relevant work experience before your qualifying exam (certificate for admission to the Graduate Diploma) - Read about definition and documentation regarding work experience under ‘Entry requirements for the Graduate Diploma (HD2)*.
- that you are proficient in parts of the Graduate Certificate (HD1) or the Graduate Diploma (HD2). This is similar to a credit assessment, however, with the difference that the assessment for a competence certificate also includes other competences than your educational background (competence certificate for courses on either the Graduate Certificate (HD1) or the Graduate Diploma (HD2)).
- that you have competences equivalent to the entire Graduate Certificate (HD1) or an entire Graduate Diploma (HD2)(certificate of education for either the Graduate Certificate (HD1) or the Graduate Diploma (HD2)).
Read the guidelines carefully before you apply for an assessment of competences and please contact the programme secretariat of your diploma programme if in doubt
You can find the Application form to an assessment of competences here
Note! Your application will not be evaluated before it is correctly filled in. It is your responsibility! Read therefore the guidelines carefully. Read more about how you document work experience correctly under the tab ‘Two years of relevant work experience’.
You must send the form and various appendices as one PDF-file to HD Application.