Student Guidance Service
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HD1 in one year?
What should I pay attention to if I choose to complete the Graduate Certificate HD1 within 1 year?
HD1 can be combined in many ways, e.g. it can be completed in one year instead of the prescribed two years. If you consider taking HD1 in one year, you should both include academic and personal aspects in your considerations.
- It is important to be aware of the amount of work. Our experience is that students use 40 hours weekly on average. We therefore recommend that you match your expectations with your work place, family, friends, etc.
- In addition, it is important to consider what activities you can attach lower priority to in order to create balance, including family, friends, hobbies, job, sport, etc.
- We also recommend that you clarify with your workplace that there will be days with exams, bigger projects, etc. which require days off from work. An overview of exam dates etc. is available after admission.
When making your considerations, you should be aware of different academic aspects in relation to the structure of the programme.
- Exams at respectively first and second year of the Graduate Certificate (HD1) is usually placed in the same time period.
- It is possible to withdraw your registration for the ordinary exam and instead go to the re-take exam. However, exams are only offered twice a year meaning that if you withdraw your registration for the ordinary exam and do not pass the re-take exam, this exam can first be taken again the year after.
- Finally, you must keep in mind that if you choose to study the Graduate Certificate (HD1) in this combination, it is your own responsibility to be aware of the above and potential other overlaps in the programme structure. If you consider structuring your Graduate Certificate (HD1) in this way, you are welcome to contact the Student Guidance Service and discuss the matter.
Can I enrol in a HD programme with start in spring?
HD starts in both the spring semester and the fall semester.
HD2 starts as most other programmes i.e. end August/start September (right after the summer break). This is the only actual programme start available if you wish to study a HD programme as a complete course package. So if you for example decide in October that you want to enrol in a HD programme as a complete course package, you have to wait until next programme start - next August / September.
You have the opportunity to start your HD programme even though the academic year and the teaching activities have started for the complete course package. Through the single course option, you can start in those courses whose teaching activities have not yet started. You can register for these single courses until course start.
If you study a single course in one of the HD programmes and start the complete course package in autumn, you do not have to take the course again.
Single courses have start-up throughout the academic year, and you can register for these provided that you meet the entry requirements for the specific HD programme. Read more about single courses here.
Credit transfer, exemptions and an assessment of competences
Below-mentioned is intended for you who doubt whether you can apply for credit transfer, exemption or an assessment of competences. It especially requires that you know what you actually apply for.
- When applying for credit transfer, you want to be exempted from one or more courses based on passed educational elements equivalent to the course(s) in question.
- When applying for an exemption from entry requirements, you want to be enrolled based on another educational background other than the direct qualifying exams.
- When applying for an assessment of competences, you want to be enrolled based on an overall evaluation of your total competences.
Lone Ryevad Boysen, Admissions Manager, Executive MBA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +45 3815 6002
Sofie Marie Bremer, Programme Manager, Master og Business Development
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 3815 3663
Student guidance for the Graduate programmes
Phone. + 45 3815 2714, Monday to Thursday 10-12