13,644 applications for bachelor programmes

News

Increased number of application and larger enrolment through quota 2 compared to 2011

 
07/11/2012

Increased number of application and larger enrolment through quota 2 compared to 2011

4,948 applicants have a bachelor degree from CBS on the top of their wish list. This year's applications were added up after the deadline for quota 1 applications on 5 July. Quota 1 applicants are solely admitted on the basis of their GPA, whereas quota 2 applicants are able to include other elements in their application.

The number of applications is stable compared to last year with a small increase of 1.5 % for the overall number of applications, which amounted to 13,644 and an increase of 1.4 % for the 1st priority applications, which amounted to 4,948.

- The steady number of applicants and the constant interest in CBS is very satisfactory. We are offering more places this year than last year, which means that a larger part of the applicants will be able to study at CBS, says Anne Mette Hou, Head of Admissions at CBS.

Increased intake trough quota 2

During spring, CBS experienced an increased interest in applying through quota 2, which has also opened up for more places this year.

A total of 2,625 places - 180 more than last year - must be distributed between the applicants before 1 September. However, there are less standby places this year.

CBS will send answers to all applicants by post on Monday 30 July. On the same day, this year's entry requirements will be published on cbs.dk. 

 

This year's applicants

46 % have applied through quota 1

54 % have applied through quota 2

The applications are distributed evenly between men and women

79 % are Danish, and the other 21 % are international

 

 

Programme

Number of places

Applications

1st priority 

1st priority  2011

HA – Almen Erhvervsøkonomi

650

2.388

1.130

1.046

HA(it.)

90

484

123

189

HA(jur.)

200

1.069

278

305

HA(mat.)

80

405

118

109

HA(fil.)

70

418

107

101

HA(kom.)

160

876

289

282

HA(psyk.)

140

840

276

277

BA i Engelsk og Organisationskommunikation

80

575

117

108

BA i International Virksomhedskommunikation

- Sprog og Europæiske studier

120

714

176

151

BA i International Virksomhedskommunikation

- Sprog og Amerikanske Studier

80

502

106

88

BA i Interkulturel Markedskommunikation

240

1.073

502

543

BSc in Business, Language and Culture

120

486

195

209

BSc in International Business

180

1.027

637

609

BSc in International Business and Politics

130

907

328

292

Bsc in Business Administration and Sociology

60

535

119

94

BSc in Business Administration and Service Management

100

731

256

255

Asian Studies Programme (Japanese)

40

89

41

50

Asian Studies Programme (Chinese)

60

160

80

94

BA in Information Management

40

365

70

78

Total

 2.625

13.644 

4.948 

 4.880

See applicant figures from previous years.

Applicants: See FAQ and CBS Admissions Office contact information. 

The page was last edited by: Communications // 07/20/2012