Are you familiar with CBS' offers for alumni?
CBS Library. (Photo: Jakob Boserup)
By: Mikala Gyllinge
Keep your skills up-to-date
When we ask our alumni what they would like CBS to offer, a lot of them express a wish for academic input.
- Syllabus – see what students in your former degree programme are studying right now
Through Academic Books, you can register for the syllabi given to current students in your degree programme. In this way you can stay updated on what the students within your area are currently studying - we bet that a large part of the syllabus is new, but who knows, it might include some of the classics from back when you were a student.
Sign up for the mailing list
- Online access to database with business articles and market reports
Alumni have access to the database Business Source Alumni Edition from home. At the CBS Library, you can search all of its databases.
- Free delivery of books borrowed at the CBS Library
Register as user and take home books from the CBS Library. If you are not in the neighbourhood, the Library will send the books to your home address for free.
- Take supplementary courses at CBS
CBS has a number of offers for you if you wish to obtain another degree or take a supplementary course. Besides diploma programmes, MBA, and executive master programmes, CBS offers small programmes and single courses. For instance, it is possible to participate in courses of less than a week's duration at the CBS Executive International Summer Programme.
You probably made use of the services of the CBS Career Centre as a student. As a recent graduate you can still benefit from their offers.
- Find your next job at CBS CareerGate
Find jobs for graduates with more than three years of experience at Career Centre's jobsite CBS CareerGate.
- Career counselling: Feedback on your CV and cover letter
As of 11 April 2016, Career Centre's career counsellors are ready to help you every day between 12:00-14:00 for Open Counselling. Feel free to drop by Career Centre at Solbjerg Plads and get some new input for your job search.
- Workshops and seminars
Career Centre arranges a number of workshops and seminars about job search, competence identification, and salary negotiations.
Events at the Career Centre
Alumni are always welcome at CBS. If you need a desk to work at, access to our library, or a low-price cup of coffee in a nostalgic setting, you should make use of the following offers:
- Free WiFi on campus
There is free WiFi everywhere on CBS' campus.
- Book a study seat at the CBS Library
Alumni are free to book study seats if a workplace in a quiet environment is needed.
How to book a study seat
- Let us help you search for information at the CBS Library
The librarians at CBS Library will help you optimise your search for information so you can save time and trouble for DKK 100/hour.
Read more about library assistance
- Buy a low-price cup of coffee at Café Nexus
At Café Nexus at Solbjerg Plads, you can buy your morning coffee at a discount before 9:30.
And why don't you pay CBS Alumni a visit when you are already here? Our office is at Solbjerg Plads, D1.42-45 (placed on the floor above Café Nexus next to the entrance towards Kilen). We would love to say hello and answer your questions.
Perhaps you already know our LinkedIn group. But are you familiar with CBS' University Page, and do you know how to connect with other CBS alumni in the world or in a specific company? LinkedIn is a great networking tool, and a CBS alumna or alumnus may be an excellent gateway to a company, industry, or new city.
Learn more about how to make the most of LinkedIn
Alumni get between a 12 and 25 % discount on publications at:
- Academic Books
- Forlaget Andersen
- The Economist
CBS Alumni organises and arranges for a number of events that are relevant to alumni, for instance academic seminars, anniversaries, and social events.
During spring, we offer the following events:
- Seminar series: Get set to involve yourself in the next big startup. The goal of the seminar series is to provide information to alumni about getting involved in a start-up as a mentor or investor. The next seminar "Invest your time and talent in a start-up" takes place 7 April 2016. Register now.
- AlumNight at Nexus on 12 May 2016. Meet other alumni at the Café Nexus Thursday 12 May
- ASP Alumni Event 29 April 2016. An annual alumni event for Asian Studies Programme graduates
- ASC Alumni Event (TBA)
Other opportunities at CBS
There are also other ways to become involved in CBS. Alumni contribute to CBS in endless ways, for instance by being mentors, external examiners, external lecturers, guest lecturers, and members on advisory boards.
- How to become an external examiner (in Danish only)
- Current vacancies at CBS
- Guest lecturers and advisory board members are often recruited by the departments.
Give us your feedback
We will be glad to hear from you if you have any suggestions for an event or new offers for alumni or if you have any feedback or input to help us to give you an even better service. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by our office at D1.42-45 (above Café Nexus at the Kilen entrance) at Solbjerg Plads 3, Frederiksberg.