Seminar: How to invest yourself in a startup
Photo: Dennis Møller
The first seminar of the seminar series ”Get set to involve yourself in the next big startup” focus on how you can invest yourself in a startup.
At the seminar, you will be given an introduction to the entrepreneurial environment and gain overview of the different ways in which you can involve yourself in a startup as a mentor or investor. You will also meet startups and active investors such as Christian Stadil, Owner and CEO of the conglomerate THORNICO, which consists of more than 100 companies, and Adjunct Professor at CBS. Finally, there will be plenty of time for networking.
- Arrival, refreshments and networking
- Welcome and introduction by CSE and CBS Alumni
- Christian Stadil, Business Owner and Adjunct Professor at CBS, talks about his experiences as a ”business angel” and his company philosophy
- Investment 101 – A guide for a successful investor
- Startup company pitches
- Networking and light buffet
The seminar is directed towards CBS alumni with work experience.
Register for the seminar - Please note: it is no longer possible to register for the seminar
In order to participate, you need to register with CBS Alumni. Register for free with CBS Alumni if you are not registered already.
CBS Alumni is a network for former students who have earned a degree from CBS as well as for exchange students who have completed at least one semester at CBS.
The seminar will take place on 23 February 2016 at 16:00 at Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship’s offices at CBS, Porcelænshaven 26, 2nd floor, 2000 Frederiksberg.
We encourage you to arrive early as parking in the area can be a challenge.
Should you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Get set to involve yourself in the next big startup
The seminar series ”Get set to involve yourself in the next big startup” consists of four seminars in total that aim to help CBS alumni thinking about getting involved in one of the hundreds of startups working away each year in Denmark’s largest incubator, Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship.
The seminar series will offer CBS alumni an immersion into entrepreneurship helping them to familiarize themselves with investor and mentor experiences and best practices for investment and mentoring. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to participate in a pitch-event.
Advantages from participating in the seminar series:
- Introduction to the entrepreneurial environment and how to get involved in a startup as an investor or mentor
- Access to pre-selected startups with high growth potential and the opportunity to work up close with new, innovative talent
- The opportunity to share your expertise with startups while gaining new experiences
- The opportunity to exchange ideas, collaborate and possibly co-invest with other alumni who share an interest in entrepreneurship
- Ongoing learning and updating of skills personally and professionally relevant to the investment and mentor process