BLC Connect Event for students and alumni: Entrepreneurship – from idea to reality
BLC Connect, the BLC Studyboard and the Department for Intercultural Communication and Management (ICM) are happy to invite students and alumni from the BLC/ SPRØK programme to the 2014 BLC Connect summer event.
This year’s theme is: Entrepreneurship – from idea to reality
As one of the most international programmes at CBS, BLC is proud to see that students and alumni have made their mark on business and society across the world. This year, we would like to invite current and former BLC students to come and tell us about their successful start-ups in emerging markets with a view to, how business schools can enable such ventures.
The event will kick off with an introduction to the BLC programme today, followed by a key note address and subsequently presentations from four successful start-ups and a panel debate.
- Kasper Ulf Nielsen, co-founder of Reputation Institute (key note). Reputation Institute is the global leader in Reputation Measurement and Management helping the largest companies in the world build and protect their reputation
- Veronica D'Souza, co-founder of Ruby Cup. Ruby Cup is improving menstrual hygiene for girls and women worldwide, thereby helping girls in rural areas overcome stigmas tied to menstrual periods
- Jonas Schwarz, co-founder of the Nordic Villa. The Nordic Villa is a modern Scandinavian style boutique hotel in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Jacob Lennheden, co-founder of Global Minimum Inc. (GMin). GMin is a non-profit organization in Sierra Leone dedicated to youth education. GMin hosts the InChallenges encouraging secondary school students to explore new ways of addressing pressing challenges in their communities.
- Aya Okamura, Founder and Managing Director of AYANOMIMI.Personal experience combined with academic training basically constitutes the unique platform for the company’s business philosophy; to create intercultural channels for design, culture and innovation. Ayanomimi is specialized in Danish-Japanese relations and believe in high cultural synergy in the process of profitable, intercultural business relations.
Networking and live jazz at Nexus
After the presentations and discussion, all guests are invited to catch up with old and current fellow students and faculty, while enjoying a light buffet and drinks at Café Nexus and listening to cool jazz played by Professor All Star Band.
The event will take place on 16 June 2014 from 16:30-19:00 in room SPs.16 followed by a light buffet and networking at Café Nexus until 20:30 at Copenhagen Business School, Solbjerg Plads 3, 2000 Frederiksberg.
A light buffet and drinks will be served. Participation is free of charge but registration is required.
Please register by sending an e-mail marked “BLC Event” to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Thursday 12 June 2014.
We look forward to seeing you!
The event is arranged by BLC Connect in collaboration with the BLC Studyboard, ICM, and CBS Alumni Relations