BLC Connect Event 2015 (SPRØK)
Foto: Lise Søstrøm
Following the success of last year’s BLC Connect Event, we would like to welcome students and alumni back for our annual summer gathering.
The theme of this year’s BLC Connect Event is Women’s Career Paths in International Diplomacy. In a Danish context, it is not unusual that women have careers; however, there is still much debate on gender equality in regards to, for example, wages. When looking outside the Scandinavian borders, the divide between genders’ career opportunities and paths is even more explicit. Therefore, we would like to ask this year’s speakers to share their experiences with gender stereotyping and gender-specific obstacles– do they exist in international diplomacy? If they do, what are they and how have the speakers overcome them?
The event will conclude with a networking session followed by drinks and a light buffet in Café Nexus.
The purpose of the BLC Connect event is to provide an opportunity to catch up with former fellow students, to network with alumni across graduation years, and to hear inspiring presentations on a topic related to the BLC programmes (previously known as SPRØK).
We hope to see as many of you as possible!
• Welcome by Associate Professor Annette Risberg
• Introduction and update on the BLC programmes by Associate Professor Robyn Remke
• Keynote presentation by Assistant Professor Florence Villeseche
• Presentation by BLC alumna, Christina Holm Eiberg, Communications adviser, Member of Cabinet of Commissioner Margrethe Vestager at the European Commission
• Presentation by BLC alumna, Christina Markus Lassen, Ambassador, Head of Department for Security Policy and Stabilization at Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
• Light buffet and live jazz at Nexus
The event will take place on 22 June at 16:30 in room SP114 at CBS, Solbjerg plads 3, Frederiksberg.
Register before 19 June
Remember to share the invitation with your fellow alumni.
The event is arranged in collaboration between the BLC Study Board and CBS Alumni.