Tenure track assistant professorship in Business and Government at Copenhagen Business School
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant tenure track assistant professorship in Business and Government at the Department of International Economics, Government and Business.
Expected starting date is during 2023 (negotiable).
EGB is a multidisciplinary department that conducts high-quality research in the fields of political science and international business with direct relevance to business, policy-makers, and the public. Research at the department focuses on two principal focus areas Business & Government and International Business, in relation to societal challenges. These challenges include the consequences of inequality; the impact of technological change and digital transformation; the ethical dilemmas facing MNEs, regulatory challenges, the changes brought about by emerging markets and the rise of Asia; the consequences of global shifts for public policy, and the relationship between business and democracy. Research in the area of Business and Government is rooted in the disciplines political science and political economy. Faculty apply advanced quantitative and qualitative methods to generate systematic knowledge about business-government relations.
EGB delivers research-based teaching to undergraduates and graduate students in programs such as International Business and Politics, International Business, and International Business in Asia. To learn more about the research and teaching activities of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here
Examples of research areas that the assistant professor may cover include, but are not limited to:
- Business and Government
- Political Economy
- Public Policy
- International Business and Government
- Money in Politics
Candidates should have excellent methodological skills and show potential to have an impact in their relevant (sub) discipline. Candidates should also be interested in developing research-based teaching.
The assistant professorship is a tenure-track position (6 years) with research and teaching obligations. The decision regarding tenure is made between the fourth and the sixth year.
Requirements for promotion include:
- Four high-quality peer-reviewed publications accepted for publication in international journals in the field(s) of political science within the 6-year period. At least one of these publications needs to be accepted for publication in a top journal in political science. At least one of the qualifying publications needs to be single-authored. Top journals in political science include, but are not limited to, American Political Science Review; American Journal of Political Science; and Journal of Politics (the ‘top-3’) as well as equivalent top journals, corresponding to AJG4*/4.
- A coherent and clear research profile
- Good teaching performance and completion of the CBS HETEP Program on teaching principles and methods
- Proven ability to introduce new pedagogical techniques and course development
- Development of strong professional relations with colleagues and international networks
The successful candidate is expected to develop a coherent and clear research profile and to be physically present on a regular basis, and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the department.
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards
- Teaching and associated examination
- Applying for external funding, e.g. in cooperation with colleagues
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
The applicant must hold, or be close to completing, a PhD in Political Science, Political Economy, or a related discipline, from an accredited institution. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
For further information please contact: Head of Department Jens Gammelgaard, tel.: +45 3815 2512, e-mail email@example.com.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
The application must include:
- A coverletter
- Proof of qualifications (diploma)
- Full CV
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of pedagogical competences
- An indicative proposal for a 6 year period of research
- Job market paper/work-in-progress paper and a complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement. Applicants are encouraged to submit co-author statements.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. Shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Closing date: 1 October 2022.
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS is a globally recognised business school with deep roots in the Nordic socio-economic model. We have a broad focus on business and societal challenges of the 21st century. As such we have a full portfolio of high-quality disciplinary and interdisciplinary research and education that has equipped generations of professionals and leaders in the private sector and beyond.
Located at Frederiksberg, Denmark, the school has approx. 21.000 full and part-time students, 760 full-time faculty members, 210 PhD students and 680 administrative staff, and a full portfolio of Bachelor, Master’s, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish.
Our global profile carries the obligation to develop the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders via our educational activities and opportunities for lifelong learning. Complex challenges call for joint action, and therefore our strategy focuses on strengthening current and starting new partnerships with other sciences, the business community, authorities and civil society.
CBS is working continuously on becoming a diverse and inclusive organization, and we encourage all regardless of gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religious beliefs, LGBT+ status, cultural background etc. to apply.
Reach out to us if you need assistance in the application or recruitment process, if there is something we should know, or if as a person with disability you wish to make use of your preferential access.