Postdoc in Transformational Entrepreneurship
Postdoc in Transformational Entrepreneurship
In collaboration with Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship (CSE), the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP) invites applications for a vacant post-doctoral position in entrepreneurship, learning and transformation.
Under Copenhagen Business School’s strategy of transforming society with business, this postdoc will contribute to entrepreneurship research and education through exploring the emerging field of transformational entrepreneurship in the context of higher education and co-curricular learning environments. Indicative topics of interest for the position are: frameworks in the intersection of entrepreneurship, learning and transformation; pedagogical and didactical tools in entrepreneurship and their application to broader educational concepts; the role of educational environments, practices and methodologies in developing students’ transformational capabilities; experiential learning processes, studio-based learning and their application in entrepreneurship education; systematic or institutional environments for entrepreneurship education; implications of entrepreneurship components on multi-disciplinary educators; identification and/or measurement of impactful learning within the context of the student’s entrepreneurial process; examination of transformative learning; the role of humanities in entrepreneurship education and at business schools; and related topics.
The theoretical foundation for research in entrepreneurship, learning and transformation is diverse, and a multitude of perspectives and approaches are invited. At the department of MPP researchers integrate entrepreneurship and pedagogy with insights from interpretative social science and the humanities. Considerable emphasis is placed on qualitative social science methodology.
The ideal candidate for the position will be a recent PhD graduate with a demonstrated theoretical interest in entrepreneurship, but also an interest in exploring how knowledge can be translated into practice. Experience with qualitative methodology is desirable. In addition, the candidate must have a track record of significant contributions to teaching and a willingness to engage with education theory and practices, since an important aspect of the position will be to contribute to the development of new approaches to transformational entrepreneurship education, co-curricular entrepreneurship programmes and activities through CSE.
Candidates are expected to:
- Contribute to the development and enhancement of the Department’s research areas, and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Contribute to the research environment at MPP, in particular the Management and Entrepreneurship Group, through active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Perform research meeting high international standards within the field relevant to the position, through participating in both individual and group-based research projects.
- Become a part of the educational unit at CSE that works on implementing. entrepreneurship on all programmes at CBS. This entails teaching and coordinating courses, and conducting supervision and exams at existing educational programs at CBS.
- Become an essential part of the design of CSE’s “Start up in practice” programme.
- Contribute to the development of CSE’s “tool kit” for transformational. entrepreneurship and enhance existing activities from a pedagogical perspective.
- Communicate research to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular.
Profile of CSE
Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship (CSE) exists to empower students in unleashing their entrepreneurial potential by creating, transforming, or simply bringing something new into life. It is the unit of practical and applied entrepreneurship at CBS that engages in preparing students to be business ready. CSE is the largest Danish university business incubator where students are supported in testing business ideas, concepts and in building their own start-ups. Besides the incubator accelerator programme, CSE runs a range of educational and entrepreneurial activities and events. At CSE we believe that students leverage the transformative power of learning through practical and applied entrepreneurial activities developing their ideas and intellectual, social and entrepreneurial capabilities that will serve them, their career, and society for a lifetime.
Building on our strong educational mission CSE is now establishing a new educational unit. The role of the postdoc position will be to contribute to the strengthening and development our educational portfolio with cutting edge research in the area of entrepreneurship, transformation and higher education.
Profile of MPP
MPP is an internationally recognized humanities and social science department within CBS that offers creative and innovative pedagogy and research based on intellectual depth and critical theory that crosses boundaries and connects diverse perspectives. Our faculty has earned a reputation for high-quality disciplinary, interdisciplinary as well as transdisciplinary research and education. They are recognized as leaders in theoretically inspired but empirically grounded research within and across political science, sociology, philosophy, history, law, anthropology, theology, aesthetics, management, entrepreneurship, design and innovation, tourism and leisure management, cultural economics, leadership and strategy, pedagogic study, and other areas.
MPP is unique in humanities and social science degree offerings as well as pioneering transformative pedagogy, didactics and learning communities, such as studio-based learning and student entrepreneurship. MPP contributes to the unique global profile of CBS in that it has long focused on critical challenges to the human within different forms of social organization in its research and on developing the transformational capabilities of students, graduates and business leaders by means of its creative pedagogy and education. MPP aspire to use inter-disciplinary and transdisciplinary expertise in the social sciences, law and the humanities to develop world leading research-based education in social organization, ethical leadership and entrepreneurship; foster pedagogic research in business education in which the social sciences and the humanities play a grounding role; critically understand the potential of current advances in futures thinking, design and entrepreneurship.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in internationally recognized journals in the field and/or books in recognized academic publishers. A postdoc is a position where emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a relevant research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please include an overview of teaching experience, evaluations and pedagogical considerations.
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Entrepreneurial experience is a plus.
- Strong entrepreneurship educational profile.
- Social and communicative skills.
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Period of Employment
The postdoc is a fixed term position of two years with research and teaching obligations with the possibility of a one-year extension.
To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the applicant must hold a PhD or the equivalent.
The applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on campus on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities connected to Copenhagen School of Entrepreneurship.
For further information please contact CSE Lead Educational Designer Ashlea Wallington (email@example.com), CSE Director Andreas Gjede (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vice Head of Department at MPP, Associate Professor Lena Olaison (email@example.com).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Applicants are asked to sketch a dedicated research project within the priorities of CSE and MPP, focusing on transformational entrepreneurship.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry cooperation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration. In case of publications with multiple authors, specify the contribution that the applicant has made in the publication.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application deadline: June 18, 2021
Closing date: 18 June 2021.
With some 20.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.