Open Rank position in Corporate Communication and Public Relations
The Department of Management, Society and Communication (MSC) at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a full time faculty position at open rank; tenure track assistant professor or associate professorship within the research area Corporate Communication and Public Relations.
MSC brings together scholars from a range of research areas within management, communication and the broader social sciences and humanities, studying organisations in global environments and the interaction and interdependencies of business, society and government. They share a common interest in studying organisations in global environments and the relations of organisations to the wider society.
MSC is a significant supplier of research-based teaching to a broad portfolio of programmes, which includes undergraduate, graduate and doctoral teaching and supervision as well as executive education in the fields of:
- (Responsible) Management/Leadership/Governance
- Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability
- Business and Development (with an emphasis on the emerging/growth economies context dimension as well as (social) entrepreneurship & innovation)
- Organisational Communication
The call includes the following types of positions:
- Assistant professor: The position is a fixed term tenure track teaching and research position of four years with the possibility of one or two years’ extension.
- Associate professor: The position is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
Responsibilities for assistant professors and associate professors
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including Executive Education.
- Individual and group based research meeting high international standards.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline.
- Contributing to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
- Promoting CBS’ academic reputation.
- Initiating, fund raising and coordinating research projects.
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School.
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks.
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate. -
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and researchbased teaching.
- To be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department, including research seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications or othermaterial for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelinesfor teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at aninternational level, including publications in the field’s internationallyrecognised journals
- Professional proficiency in English (writtenand spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes.
Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Appointment and Salary
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Applications must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation, also specifying which type of position(s) applied for.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- A complete list of publications with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
- Documentation of pedagogical qualifications and teaching experience, preferably including evaluations. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Information indicating possible experience in research management, industry cooperation, and international research cooperation.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material by the application deadline.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee.
All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Please contact: Head of Department Dorte Salskov-Iversen, tel.: +45 38153181, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about the Department may be found at http://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/department-of-management-society-and-communication.
Closing date: 15 October 2019.
With some 20.422 full and part-time students, 644 full-time faculty members, 192 PhD and 724 administrative staff CBS is a unique business-oriented university with a full portfolio of Bachelor, Masters, MBA/EMBA, PhD and Executive programmes delivered in English and Danish. Our academic staff includes internationally-recognised experts in classical business disciplines as well as in philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems and culture.
The University welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic background.