Tenure Track Assistant Professorship in Organization Theory
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Tenure Track Assistant Professorship at the Department of Organization (IOA). Expected starting date around November 2019.
IOA is an international department comprising 55 faculty, 35 PhD students, and 11 administrative staff.
We pursue a problem-oriented, business in society approach to understanding and intervening in work places, organizations and networks. Our research is focused upon organizing processes and their outcomes and driven by an interest in organization and management as a practical, situated, contested and changing matter. This includes studies of private companies, public organizations, professional societies as well as NGOs. We investigate and discuss topics such as change and innovation processes, work and human resources, public management and governance, project management, institutional dynamics, market creation, expertise and power.
Our social-scientific approach includes scholarly traditions such as organization theory, sociology, social psychology, science and technology studies, and political economy. We value qualitative methods highly and typically employ case studies, ethnographic methods or social network analysis.
IOA teaches core courses in organization theory and organizational analysis at all levels of the CBS degree programs, including B.Sc., M.Sc., MBA and PhD programs. We also deliver teaching in international political economy, HRM, project management, change management, organizational psychology, leadership, qualitative methods and many other courses. Our teaching aims to combine theoretical understanding, critical reflexivity, empirical specificity and practical relevance. A key ambition is to help our students understand the key role that organizations play in most social phenomena.
The assistant professorship is a non-tenured position of six years. The decision regarding tenure is made between the fourth and the sixth year. The tenure requirements include five international peer-reviewed articles in recognized journals relevant to the area of organization theory (of which two must be in journals at the IOA Journal List, one preferably in a top journal), satisfactory teaching evaluations, and successful completion of the CBS Assistant Professor Program. Furthermore, the candidate is expected to show good academic citizenship, including being physically present on a regular basis and actively participating in the activities of the Department, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences (the full tenure criteria and procedure are available upon request).
- Individual and collaborative research activities of high international standard within the area of organization theory
- Teaching, examination and supervision in organization theory and analysis
- Promotion of CBS’s academic reputation
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
Applicants should hold, or be close to completing, a relevant PhD from an accredited institution and have minimally two years of post-graduate studies or research experience outside of CBS. They should have a strong research record (or clear evidence of high potential) in the area of organization theory, excellent skills in qualitative methods, and relevant teaching experience.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, engagement in academic communities and international network activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization in Denmark.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible, five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, each applicant will be notified of the outcome of his or her application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application deadline: September 15, 2019
Ansøgningsfrist: 15. september 2019.
CBS er et unikt erhvervsuniversitet med en høj andel af udenlandske ansatte og studerende. CBS har ca. 644 undervisnings- og forskningsårsværk, 192 ph.d.-studerende og 724 administrative årsværk. Ca. 20.422 studerende er fordelt på bachelor-, kandidat-, MBA/EMBA-, ph.d.- og Executive-programmer, der udbydes på dansk og engelsk. Vores videnskabelige medarbejdere tæller internationale eksperter inden for de klassiske forretningsdiscipliner, men også i filosofi, historie, psykologi, sociologi, jura, politik, informationssystemer og kultur.
Universitetet tager imod ansøgninger fra kvalificerede kandidater uanset alder, køn, race og etniske baggrund.