Professorship with special responsibilities (professor MSO) in IT and Internet Law at CBS LAW/MPP
Copenhagen Business School invites applications for a vacant Professorship position with special responsibilities (professor MSO) in IT and Internet law at Department for Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP), CBS LAW.
The starting date is expected to be 1 January 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter. The position is time-limited to a period of five years with possibility of extension.
Research areas that the professor should cover:
- Information technology law (IT Law)
- Telecommunications law
- Cyberlaw/Internet Law
- IT policy & law
CBS LAW is internationally recognised for the excellence in law scholarship and for an interdisciplinary, proactive and dynamic research perspective within law in Northern Europe. CBS LAW concentrates on providing unique research relevant for the Danish business community, public sector, and society in general and engages in research firmly grounded in business and societal problems. Our perspective is Nordic, EU and global and is based not only on traditional law disciplines but also on a unique interface between law, management, entrepreneurship, economics and policymaking.
CBS LAW is a source of expertise in a number of EU and Nordic-specific legal areas and provides, in that sense, the research that business communities need and demand. At the same time, we are strongly represented in European and global scholarship. Our core competences are contract law, company law, IT regulation, public procurement, competition law, tax law and law & economics.
CBS LAW publishes widely both in the international and national core journals and monographs.
As of 2018, CBS LAW is a constituent research unit of the Department for Management, Politics and Philosophy (MPP). As such, a part of our future activities will also concentrate on multidisciplinary research and creating interfaces between law, politics, management and philosophy.
CBS law is involved in teaching BSc in Business Administration and Commercial Law (HA-jur), MSc in Business Administration and Commercial Law (cand.merc.jur), MSc in Business and Economics and Auditing (cand. merc. aud), Master in tax and more than 10 other study programmes at CBS. A majority of the courses are taught in Danish.
CBS LAW runs a PhD program within the CBS Graduate School of Business and Management.
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs (in both Danish and English)
- Individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
- Contributing to the development and application of the research of the department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position
- Promoting CBS academic reputation
- Initiating, fund-raising and coordinating research projects
- Promoting teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS stakeholders in particular
- Publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the teaching and research activities, including research seminars, workshops and conferences
- Advanced degree in an appropriate field
- Documented teaching qualifications
- Documented research production at an international level
- Documented ability to teach and write in English and Danish at a high academic level
- Professional proficiency in English and Danish (written and spoken)
- Candidates should share a keen interest in working with colleagues in both research and teaching, and to promote a vibrant research culture
- Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, relevantbusiness, educational and dissemination activities)
Applications must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, usingthe link below. Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV
- A complete list of publications with an *marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed.
- Documentation of pedagogical qualifications and teaching experience, preferably including evaluations. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios
- Information indicating possible experience in research management, industry cooperation, and international research cooperation
- Copies of the publications marked with an*. Only publications written in English or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material by the application deadline.
The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Among the qualified candidates, selected applicants may be invited for interview.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization.
Application deadline: September 20, 2019
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
For further information, please visit the CBS LAW website at https://www.cbs.dk/en/research/departments-and-centres/cbs-law, and/or contact Professor Mitchell Dean, Head of Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details about Copenhagen Business School are available at www.cbs.dk.
Ansøgningsfrist: 20. september 2019.
CBS er et unikt erhvervsuniversitet med en høj andel af udenlandske ansatte og studerende. CBS har ca. 644 undervisnings- og forskningsårsværk, 192 ph.d.-studerende og 724 administrative årsværk. Ca. 20.422 studerende er fordelt på bachelor-, kandidat-, MBA/EMBA-, ph.d.- og Executive-programmer, der udbydes på dansk og engelsk. Vores videnskabelige medarbejdere tæller internationale eksperter inden for de klassiske forretningsdiscipliner, men også i filosofi, historie, psykologi, sociologi, jura, politik, informationssystemer og kultur.
Universitetet tager imod ansøgninger fra kvalificerede kandidater uanset alder, køn, race og etniske baggrund.