Professorial Positions in Management Accounting, Supply Chain Management and Operations Management.
The Department of Operations Management at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for full-time faculty positions as Professor with special responsibilities or as full Professor.
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) has over 22,000 students and more than 600 full-time Professors at all levels. Being one of the largest business schools in Europe, CBS covers a wide range of business-related academic disciplines. CBS is highly-ranked amongst business schools across the world. Based in architecturally beautiful buildings close to the center of Copenhagen, one of the world’s most exciting cities known for its striking spires, cutting-edge design and cycle-friendly streets, the Department of Operations Management provides top-notch research-based education.
The research areas of the Department covers and integrates five academic business administration areas: Supply Chain Management (design and management of flows of goods, services, knowledge and information between firms); Management Accounting (design, use and effects of financial and non-financial measures in strategy development and implementation); Innovation Management (deployment of management tools and mechanisms to connect technology, organization and markets); Operations Management (relation between production, organization and strategy in manufacturing and service industries); Managerial Economics (decision modelling around pricing, costing, production planning and forecasting).
Our vision is to be bold in ideas and strong in practice! It is the ambition of the Department to be orientated towards questions that attempt to debate the academic and practical boundaries of its areas. This allows cross-disciplinary exchange of research ideas and helps fostering of a strong intellectual environment. The Department understands management in relation to managerial tools and instruments that help to frame and make business issues visible and making them amenable to intervention, development and control.
The Department wishes to develop research and teaching in close connection with practice. Candidates who are able to add to the general fields of Management Accounting, Managerial Economics, Operations Management and Supply Chain Management and work across two or more of the areas will have an advantage. Competency and skill from empirical research by any method is an advantage as is the ability to bridge to other of the Department´s research areas.
The Department of Operations Management supplies teaching and supervision to undergraduate, graduate, masters, executive and PhD levels in business administration. Currently, the Department has four broad research programs:
- Servitization and Competitiveness
- Circular Economy
- Cost, Control and Risk Management
- Maritime business studies
The call includes the following types of positions: Professor with special responsibilities and full Professor. Both kind of positions are tenured positions but the professorship with special responsibilities is time-limited to a period of 5 years with the possibility of extension. At the expiry of the employment as Professor with special responsibilities the applicant will continue his/her career as Associate Professor at the Copenhagen Business School.
Successful applicants must have an international profile, a strong record of research publications, and teaching experience within the areas of the department. They must be capable of providing dynamic leadership in the development of research and teaching, establishing strong ties with industry and society and show relevance by securing external funding.
Responsibilities for Professors:
- Teaching and associated examination in existing CBS programs, including executive education
- Conducting individual and group-based research meeting high international standards
- Promoting CBS’s academic reputation
- Promoting the teaching and research capabilities of Copenhagen Business School and other relevant assignments at Copenhagen Business School
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the Department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Communicating findings to the public in general and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular, including participating in the public debate
- Responsibility for publishing, scientific communication and research-based teaching
- Active participation in the regular research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
- Contribute to the development and application of the research of the Department’s research areas and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
Professors are also expected to be able to initiate, fund and coordinate research projects
To fulfill the research requirements of the positions, the applicants chosen are expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the Department, including research seminars, workshops and conferences, as well as maintaining and establishing broad links across CBS.
The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or the equivalent
Documented teaching qualifications within the areas of the Department
Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Experienced candidates should have developed a strong record of publication, preferably including appearances in leading journals that are relevant to the research areas and that have a high impact (as indicated by citations) on ongoing theoretical debates.
Promote, design and carry out collaborative research project(s) related to the area of the professorship. Generally, emphasis is placed on the applicant’s research potential, which means that a researcher with a large research potential may be preferred to a researcher with a large research production.
Experienced candidates should have a strong record in teaching in areas related to the department, including the development of new courses and programmes, and teaching different audiences. Furthermore, applicants must document pedagogical qualifications and competences and ability to develop and innovate in the pedagogical area.
Candidates should share a keen interest in working with Department colleagues in both research and teaching, and to promote a vibrant research culture at the Department.
Applicants for Full Professors should also have documented ability to attract external funding for collaborative research projects and/or PhD scholarships.
Applications must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Applications must include:
- A letter of motivation, also specifying which type of position is applied for.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally-recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please, see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an asterisk (*) marking the publications to be considered during the assessment. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an asterisk. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration.
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will then be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment. Among the qualified candidates, selected applicants may be invited for a campus visit and seminar presentation.
Once the recruitment process is completed, each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application.
Appointment and salary for the Associate Professors will be in accordance with the Danish Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization. To find out more about working and living in Denmark, please go to http://www.cbs.dk/en/about-cbs/jobs-cbs
Application deadline 21 May 2019.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
Ansøgningsfrist: 21. maj 2019.