Associate Professorship in International Business at Copenhagen Business School
The Department of International Economics, Government and Business (EGB) invites applications for a vacant associate professorship in International Business.
The core research areas of the department unite the study of International Business and/or Business and Government in the context of societal challenges faced by emerging and advanced economies. These challenges include the impact of technological change and digital transformation; the ethical dilemmas facing MNEs, regulatory challenges, the changes brought about by emerging markets and the rise of Asia; the consequences of global shifts for public policy, consequences of inequality; and the relationship between business and democracy. Faculty apply advanced quantitative and qualitative methods.
We are creating a vibrant international hub for research and research-based teaching exploring international business, economics and politics, as well as the intersection between them. EGB’s research combines disciplines and is of direct relevance to business, policy-makers and scholars. We deliver research-based teaching into undergraduate and graduate teaching in programs such as International Business, International Business and Politics, and International Business in Asia.
To learn more about the research and teaching profile of the department, please visit the departmental homepage here.
The Associate Professorship is a permanent position with research and teaching obligations.
The associate professor is expected to contribute to the development of the department’s research and teaching and to maintain and strengthen CBS’s international research position.
These are non-exhaustive examples of research and teaching areas that the associate professor may cover:
- International business strategy
- International business environment
- International business and emerging markets
- Role of MNCs in addressing societal challenges
To fulfill the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present on a regular basis and actively participate in the teaching and research activities of the department.
- Research meeting high international standards, including responsibility for the academic development of the relevant discipline
- Regular participation in research activities, such as research seminars, workshops and conferences
- Research dissemination to the public in general and to CBS stakeholders in particular, including participation in public debate
- Teaching and examination in CBS programs, including Executive Education
- PhD supervision and participation in assessment committees
- Promoting and developing the teaching and research capabilities of CBS and other relevant assignments at CBS
- Initiating external fund raising and coordinating research projects
- Contributing to the administrative responsibilities of the department and to CBS-wide tasks
- Advanced degree in international business
- Documented teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios.
- Documented research production at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and books
- Professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programmes. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organisation of this type (highlighting, for example, relevant business, educational and dissemination activities).
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application.
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV.
- Documentation of relevant, significant, original research at an international level, including publications in the field’s internationally recognized journals and citations in the Social Science Citation Index and/or Google Scholar.
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of pedagogical level.
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation.
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritise their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement.
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or in one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration).
- A research statement of max 5 pages, elaborating on a future research agenda
- A teaching statement of max 5 pages, elaborating on pedagogical principles and a suggested future teaching agenda
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed each applicant will be notified of the outcome of their application
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Details about Copenhagen Business School and the department are available at www.cbs.dk
The application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), ahead of the deadline, 15 September, 2022.
Ansøgningsfrist: 15. september 2022.
WE TRANSFORM SOCIETY WITH BUSINESS
CBS er et globalt anerkendt business universitet med dybe rødder i den nordiske, socioøkonomiske model. Vi har et bredt fokus på erhvervslivets og samfundets udfordringer i det 21. århundrede. Derfor har vi en samlet portefølje af tværfaglig forskning og uddannelse af høj kvalitet, der har styrket generationer af fagfolk og ledere i den private sektor og andre steder.
Universitetet ligger på Frederiksberg og har ca. 21.000 fuldtids- og deltidsstuderende, 760 fuldtidsansatte videnskabelige medarbejdere, 210 ph.d.-studerende og 680 administrative medarbejdere samt en portefølje af bachelor-, kandidat-, MBA/EMBA-, ph.d.-og efter-/videreuddannelser udbudt på både dansk og engelsk.
Med vores globale profil følger en forpligtelse til at bidrage til udviklingen af transformative kompetencer hos studerende, kandidater og virksomhedsledere gennem vores uddannelsesaktiviteter og muligheder for livslang læring. Komplekse udfordringer kræver en fælles indsats, og derfor fokuserer vores strategi på at styrke nuværende og starte nye partnerskaber med andre videnskaber, erhvervslivet, myndigheder og civilsamfundet.