Assistant Professor in Management Accounting (European Horizon 2020 Project "REFLOW") at the Department of Operations Management
The Department of Operations Management at Copenhagen Business School (CBS) invites applications for a full time faculty position as Assistant Professor in Management Accounting (with a focus on Social and Environmental Accounting) linked to the large European Horizon 2020 project REFLOW (constRuctive mEtabolic processes For material flOWs in urban and peri-urban environments across Europe). REFLOW has 28 European partners and is led by CBS.
The REFLOW project mission is to support the development of cities that are regenerative and adopt circular economy (CE) practices, through the delocalisation of production and the reconfiguration of material flows. REFLOW explores CE innovation using a digital and physical network of makerspaces and other grass-root organisations in six pilot cities: Amsterdam, Berlin, Cluj-Napoca, Milan, Paris, and Vejle. The project will provide guidance for public and private sector organisations on how to create favourable conditions for the adoption of CE practices.
The position is a fixed term (3 years) with research and teaching obligations. Successful applicants are also expected to contribute to the project work at European level in collaboration with the project coordinator Associate Professor Cristiana Parisi and the other researchers involved in the project. We welcome applications from candidates in the area of social and environmental accounting who can demonstrate an interest in interdisciplinary approaches. More specifically, relevant areas of interest for the project are operations management and innovation management. To fulfil the research requirements of the position, the applicant chosen is expected to be physically present at the Department on a regular basis. The successful applicant will be able to participate in the assistant professor program at CBS on teaching principles and methods.
- Involvement in the project REFLOW and related research in collaboration with the project coordinator and the rest of the REFLOW team at CBS
- Collaboration in all the administrative tasks andreports related to the project REFLOW’s activities
- Teaching, examination and supervision mainly in theare as of management accounting and social and environmental accounting
- Promotion of CBS’s academic reputation
- Communicating of REFLOW findings to the public ingeneral and to CBS’s stakeholders in particular
Applicants should hold, or be close to completing, a relevant PhD from an accredited institution. They should have a strong research record (or clear evidence of high potential) in the area of management accounting and social and environmental accounting, excellent skills in qualitative methods, and relevant teaching experience. Moreover, they need to demonstrate an interest in interdisciplinary approaches.
The applicant must have professional proficiency in English (written and spoken).
Copenhagen Business School has a broad commitment to the excellence, distinctiveness and relevance of its teaching and research programs. Candidates who wish to join us should demonstrate enthusiasm for working in an organization of this type (highlighting, for example, engagement in academic communities and international network activities).
CBS encourages diversity of applicants regardless of age, gender, religious affiliation or ethnic background to apply for positions.
Application must be sent via the electronic recruitment system, using the link below.
Application must include:
- A statement of application
- Proof of qualifications and a full CV
- A complete, numbered list of publications (indicating titles, co-authors, page numbers and year) with an * marking of the academic productions to be considered during the review. A maximum of 10 publications for review are allowed. Applicants are requested to prioritize their publications in relation to the field of this job advertisement
- Copies of the publications marked with an *. Only publications written in English (or another specified principal language, according to research tradition) or one of the Scandinavian languages will be taken into consideration
- Documentation of teaching qualifications or other material for the evaluation of his/her pedagogical level. Please see guidelines for teaching portfolios
- Information indicating experience in research management, industry co-operation and international co-operation
The Recruitment Committee will shortlist minimum two applicants; when possible, five or more applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted applicants will be assessed by the Assessment Committee. All applicants will be notified of their status in the recruitment process shortly after the application deadline.
The applicants selected for assessment will be notified about the composition of the Assessment Committee and later in the process about the result of the assessment.
Once the recruitment process is completed, each applicant will be notified of the outcome of his or her application.
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application material, including all appendices (see items above), by the application deadline.
Appointment and salary will be in accordance with the Ministry of Finance’s agreement with the Central Academic Organization in Denmark. To find out more about working and living in Denmark, please go to http://www.cbs.dk/en/about-cbs/jobs-cbs.
Details about Copenhagen Business School are available at www.cbs.dk.
Application deadline: 17 September 2019
Ansøgningsfrist: 17. september 2019.
CBS er et unikt erhvervsuniversitet med en høj andel af udenlandske ansatte og studerende. CBS har ca. 644 undervisnings- og forskningsårsværk, 192 ph.d.-studerende og 724 administrative årsværk. Ca. 20.422 studerende er fordelt på bachelor-, kandidat-, MBA/EMBA-, ph.d.- og Executive-programmer, der udbydes på dansk og engelsk. Vores videnskabelige medarbejdere tæller internationale eksperter inden for de klassiske forretningsdiscipliner, men også i filosofi, historie, psykologi, sociologi, jura, politik, informationssystemer og kultur.
Universitetet tager imod ansøgninger fra kvalificerede kandidater uanset alder, køn, race og etniske baggrund.