DMC Forum – Online Panel - Unpacking the inner workings of a Platform
The panel will investigate how algorithms and data contribute to platform governance and discuss the effects on competition among platform participants, and the policy implications by considering the following issues:
- What is the role (positive and potentially harmful) of the platform’s algorithms?
- How do platforms leverage data to manage competition among participants?
- How does the data strategy influence platform governance?
- How do different data strategies of the platform influence the welfare of participants
- How do platforms build data ecosystems?
Invited experts will draw on their research and offer their views. Discussion and Q&A session will follow.
José Parra-Moyano, Assistant Professor, Copenhagen Business School
Marta Stelmaszak Rosa, Assistant Professor of Information Systems, Portland State University
Panos Constantinides, Professor of Digital Innovation, Alliance Manchester Business School
Cristina Alaimo, Assistant Professor in Digital Economy, LUISS Guido Carli
Ioanna Constantiou, Professor of Digitalization, Copenhagen Business School (Panel Chair)