Workshop on Big Data and Language Technology
This workshop brings together leading language technology researchers from the US and Denmark, and seeks to explore some of the challenges and opportunities presented by Big Data -- the massive amount of unstructured, user-generated data on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. We wish to build bridges between language technology researchers and potential users of language technology in business, government and other organizations. The workshop is jointly organized by the Dept of IT Management at Copenhagen Business School and the newly formed Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering at Columbia University in New York. It will consist of presentations of the latest results from research labs in language technologies such as sentiment analysis, topic tracking, summarization, and automatic translation. In addition, business leaders will present their perspective on current and potential uses of these technologies.
- Kathleen McKeown. Director of Institute for Data Sciences and Engineering, Columbia University
- Owen Rambow. Research Scientist, Center for Computational Learning Systems,Columbia University
- Marilyn Walker. Professor of Computer Science, University of Santa Cruz
- Claire Cardie. Professor of Computer Science, Cornell University
- Jacob Eisenstein. Assistant Professor, School of Interactive Computing, Georgia Tech
- Hans Uszkoreit, Director of German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence
- Ravi Vatrapu, Professor, IT Management, Copenhagen Business School
- Anders Søgaard, Associate Professor, Center for Language Technology, Copenhagen University
- Jakob Elming, Assistant Professor, Center for Language Technology, Copenhagen University
- Daniel Hardt, Associate Professor, IT Management, Copenhagen Business School
- IBM Danmark
- Danske Bank
- Kræftens Bekæmpelse
- Statens Museum for Kunst
All are welcome to participate -- if you plan to come, please register by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify which day or days you plan to attend. See below for a detailed program. Any questions can be addressed
to Daniel Hardt (email@example.com).
Funded in part by the Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation.