THE BRAND MEANING NETWORK
The Brand Meaning network brings together leading international critical scholars with interest in exploring and discussing the co-creation and co-destruction of brand meaning. The network’s aims are to:
- Critically reflect on the state of the art of this field of research and discuss the potential integration of developments/findings from various disciplines in order to advance the field and gain new insights.
- Identify and discuss key concepts and terms including but not limited to: roles, actors, actions, identities, institutional and cultural constraints.
- identify higher-order perspectives relating to the interactions and reciprocity between stakeholders and other actors/actants
- Discuss different approaches and perspectives to understanding the nature of the interactions between stakeholders and the co-construction of brand meaning: interpersonal, personality, institutional, cultural, social, etc.
The Brand Meaning Network members on a stormy day
- EMAC 2016
- Global Branding Conference 2016
- Special Issue of Journal of Business Research: Co-creating Stakeholder and Brand Identities. Publication date: Spring 2016.
Workshop: Brand Meaning Co-Creation and Co-Construction in Dynamic Stakeholder Networks, Tisvildeleje, Denmark. 24-26 September, 2015.
Research Visit: PhD Student, Sabrina Gabl, University of Innsbruck, (visiting CBS from March - Sept. 2015)
Research Visit: Ass. Prof., Saila Saraniemi, Oulu Business School, Oulu University, (visiting CBS from 28 September – 2 October 2015)
PhD’s & Post docs
The network encourages movement of especially junior researchers that aims to guarantee free office space and computer facilities to visiting researchers for periods of days to months.
Completed: Mäläskä, M. (2015). Co-creation of Corporate Brand Through Stakeholder Relationships in B2B SMEs, Oulu Business School, Finland.
Ongoing: Da Silveira, C., Open University, U.K.
Ongoing: Marques-Gomes, J., Brand Authenticity of Drugs, Nova School of Business and Economics, Lisbon, Portugal.
Follow us on Twitter