Department of Management, Society and Communication
Doctoral School of Organisation and Management and Strategy (OMS)
The Department of Management, Society and Communication is part of the Doctoral School of Organisation and Management and Strategy (OMS), which is one of three doctoral schools at CBS.
The aim of the Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies (OMS) is to create an active national and international research environment at CBS for PhD students, who study organization and management in private, public and voluntary organizations in a theoretical and empirical manner. The theoretical basis is interdisciplinary and builds on sociology, social psychology, political science, political economy, philosophy, communication, history, ethnography and cultural studies of organizational and management practice. The doctoral school attaches great importance to:
- ensuring a relevant portfolio of courses in organization and management research as well as giving the PhD fellows access to an education in a wide range of social science areas
- ensuring a high academic level of the PhD programmes through continuous quality assurance and improvement
- making it professionally and financially possible for the PhD fellows to present their projects at international conferences, in international journals and that they be given the opportunity to go abroad for a period of time
- attracting international researchers of the highest quality to the doctoral school's courses, seminars, counselling and PhD dissertation evaluation
- establishing institutionalised collaborative agreements with international researchers and research environments
Further information about the PhD programme, admission, funding, current PhD projects and PhD courses can be found at the doctoral school's own website: Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies
Management and organisation of OMS
The Doctoral School of Organisation and Management Studies is connected to active academic environments at the Department of Organization, the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy, the Department of Management, Society and Communciation, and the Department of Business and Politics.
Head of Doctoral School
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +45 3815 3662