Department of Innovation and Organizational Economics
- Dynamics of Young Firms
Jing Chen joined Copenhagen Business School in 2010 after receiving a PhD in Economics from Florida International University. She also holds a MA and a BA in economics from Nanjing University.
Chen's research and teaching focus on entrepreneurship. One research strand investigates the determinants of entrepreneurial entry and new business performance, including labor market friction, financial constraints, prior experience, and selection versus learning. The second research strand considers the founding conditions of start-ups, with special interest in how founding conditions persistently influence business performance and organizational behavior.
Chen teaches Entrepreneurship for first-year master students in the International Business and Innovation Program, and Applied Econometrics for first-year doctoral students.
- Entrepreneurship (MA level)
- Applied Econometrics for Researchers (PhD level)
- “Selection and Serial Entrepreneurs”, Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, forthcoming
- “Stars and Misfits: Self-Employment and Labor Market Frictions” (with Thomas Åstebro and Peter Thompson), Management Science, 57(11): 1999-2017 (November 2011)
- “Disagreement, Employee Spinoffs, and the Choice of Technology” (with Peter Thompson), Review of Economic Dynamics, 14: 455-474 (June 2011)
In: Strategic Entrepreneurship Journal, Vol. 9, No. 3, 2015, p. 243-262
In: Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 29, No. 1, 1.2014, p. 88-105
In: Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Vol. 22, No. 2, 2013, p. 281-311
Paper presented at The 12th Annual Roundtable for Engineering Entrepreneurship Research, Atlanta, United States. 2012
Paper presented at The Academy of Management Annual Meeting 2012, Boston, United States. 2012
In: Review of Economic Dynamics, Vol. 14, No. 3, 7.2011, p. 455-474
In: Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings. ed. /Leslie Toombs. Birminham, AL : Academy of Management 2011 (Academy of Management. Annual Meeting Proceedings, Vol. 2011)
In: Management Science, Vol. 57, No. 11, 2011, p. 1999–2017