Office of Responsible Management Education
Responsibility at CBS
CBS is a pioneer in embedding UN Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) and is currently reviewing everything we do through this lens. The ambition is to make responsible management education an integral part of our core activities both in research and education while leading by example through our own organisational practices in delivering our services.
The PRME are inspired by internationally accepted values such as the principles of the United Nations Global Compact. They seek to establish a process of continuous improvement among institutions of management education in order to develop a new generation of business leaders capable of managing the complex challenges faced by business and society in the 21st century. As an institution of higher education involved in the development of current and future managers CBS declares its willingness to progress in the implementation, within its institution, of the following principles.
Purpose - Principle 1:
We will develop the capabilities of students to be future generators of sustainable value for business and society at large and to work for an inclusive and sustainable global economy
Values - Principle 2:
We will incorporate into our academic activities and curricula the values of global social responsibility as portrayed in international initiatives such as the United Nations Global Compact.
Method - Principle 3:
We will create educational frameworks, materials, processes and environments that enable effective learning experiences for responsible leadership.
Research - Principle 4:
We will engage in conceptual and empirical research that advances our understanding about the role, dynamics, and impact of corporations in the creation of sustainable social, environmental and economic value.
Partnership - Principle 5:
We will interact with managers of business corporations to extend our knowledge of their challenges in meeting social and environmental responsibilities and to explore jointly effective approaches to meeting these challenges.
Dialogue - Principle 6:
We will facilitate and support dialog and debate among educators, students, business, government, consumers, media, civil society organizations and other interested groups and stakeholders on critical issues related to global social responsibility and sustainability.
“The Principles for Responsible Management Education have the capacity to take the case for universal values and business into classrooms on every continent” - UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon
CBS has reached several noteworthy achievements since signing the principles in 2008.
- CBS receives award for excellent reporting at the Global Forum for Responsible Management Education 2015
- CBS publish report on Faculty Development in relation to PRME together with Babson College and IILM.
- CBS becomes a founding member of PRME Chapter Nordic
- CBS launches its free CBS Case Collection on Responsible Management
- CBS establishes world-class research environment in Governing Responsible Business
- CBS Executive introduces PRME programme for external faculty and administrators
- CBS’ full-time MBA programme ranks among the top ten business schools in the world on sustainability in business education in Corporate Knights Global Green MBA Survey
- CBS’ full-time MBA programme rates among the top ten business schools in the world in Net Impact’s global Business as UNusual Guide to sustainable MBA programmes
- UN PRME selects CBS as a PRME Champion 2014
- CBS launches Sustainability PhD Cohort (12 PhD students)
- CBS organises International Partnership 2012 NGO+Business Conference
- CBS Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility celebrates its 10th anniversary
- CBS launches case writing initiative on responsible management education
- CBS introduces core corporate sustainability courses in the full-time MBA and the E-MBA
- CBS establishes Sustainability Alumni Network
- CBS hosts PRME Anti-Corruption Conference
- CBS launches Sustainability Platform
- CBS appoints Academic Director of Responsible Management Education
- CBS extends Curriculum Development project to the BA
- CBS is recognised as a global leader in the Beyond Grey Pinstripes ranking
- MBA students launch Net Impact
- Undergraduate students launch the Copenhagen Chapter of oikos (360º Students for Sustainability)
- CBS unveils new strategy: Business in Society (BiS)
- CBS hosts first PRME climate change webinar
- CBS launches Sustainable Student campaign
- CBS hosts first CBS Responsibility Day
- CBS establishes CBS Goes Green
- CBS hosts PRME Conference on Sustainable Leadership in the Era of Climate Change
- Energy-saving agreement signed
- CBS becomes PRME signatory
- CBS launches Office of Responsible Management Education and appoints its manager
- CBS attends first PRME Global Forum, USA
- CBS launches MBA Curriculum Development project