Partnerships and Affiliations
CBS students can study a semester abroad as part of their degree and there are more than 300 universities all over the world on our partner list. Each year we send 1100+ students abroad for a semester exchange and in return we receive the same number from our partner universities.
All exchange activities are coordinated at the CBS International Office.
Double degree partners
Over the past few years, Copenhagen Business School has worked to establish further opportunities for students to get a truly international education. One of the most challenging of these is the development of double degree programmes (MSc) with carefully chosen overseas partners. Double degrees mean that students get two Master of Science degrees from two of of the world's leading universities.
CBS is collaborating on the following MSc programmes with the following universities:
• Business Language and Culture/ Leadership and Management Studies Concentration - Queen’s School of Business, Queen’s University in Ontario, Canada
• Management of Creative Business Processes - Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan, Italy
• International Business - The Graduate School of Business Administration and Leadership (EGADE), México
• IT Management and Business Economics - The University of Mannheim Business School in Mannheim, Germany
• Management of Innovation & Business Development - Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan, Italy
• Strategic Market Creation - Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi in Milan, Italy
• Applied Economics and Finance - The Belk College of Business at UNC Charlotte in North Carolina, US
CBS participates both in international and in national accreditations.
The main purposes of the international accreditations are international branding and learning international best practice on quality in education, research and administration.
Since 2000 CBS has been accredited by EQUIS, and since 2007 also by AMBA. August 1st 2011 CBS received accreditation by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) as the first school in Scandinavia. CBS has thus acquired 'The Triple Crown', an acknowledgement only shared by around 50 business schools worldwide. These schools all belong the the absolute top business schools and include schools such as INSEAD, London Business School, IMD, and Rotterdam School of Management.
CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools, is a strategic alliance of leading business schools and companies. One of CEMS' goals is to set a global standard og excellence for Master's in management. CBS is the Danish member of CEMS. Leading business schools from 17 European countries work together to offer CEMS MIM degree (Master in Management). This degree is ranked as no. 2 in Financial Times (FT) 2006, ranking European Masters.
EFMD and EISAM
As an active member of EFMD and EIASM CBS taps into large European networks of business school communities, sharing knowledge on best practice on management of higher education, research and doctoral education.
Since 1988 CBS has been member of PIM, Partnership in International Management, a network including 53 leading business schools around the globe. Members include Chinese University of Hong Kong, National University of Singapore, Tsinghua University, Warwick Business School, Stern School of Business, University of Chicago, Australian Graduate School of Management. Membership is by invitation only, and after a comprehensive screening process.